This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Drove the tractor today.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Drove the tractor today.

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:33 pm

Well I made another 90 mile trip to visit my tractor today. Leon (seller) had moved it to his shop (heated) last week. Ran a little rough at first but finally smoothed out at idle. Still had a little trouble getting the rpm's up without killing it. Seller said it was pretty old gas and the carb may need some tweaking. But at least I got to drive it!

picked up the wheel wts., rear tires and blade and hauled them home.

He still needs to find the matching headlight and get the new battery in.

Just love the sound of the cubs. After running my Kubota all morning, it was nice to hear the little cub purrring.

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:20 am

Well, well, well. "Wait til spring," you said. Probably better off with the seller til warm weather, chuckle chuckle. Tires, weights and blade have already made it home???? I know what's coming next, and I wholeheartedly concur. Get that puppy home under the deck! You know you gravelled it for a reason! Kubota's are nice, but you need some serious Cub time! And you know it!!! When you get it home, just throw a tarp over it and a lightbulb underneath if it gets real cold.

Don't disappoint us..... :wink:
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:51 am

Hey! I lasted a WHOLE WEEK before I went down again, does'nt that count for something!! :D :oops:

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:26 pm

:lol: I new you would never make it"""""""" :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”