This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Are there CUBs in Iraq??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Herb Ramsey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Are there CUBs in Iraq??

Postby Herb Ramsey » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:52 am

Many thanks to everybody on the Cub page for the constatnt flow of usefull information. I will be heading back to Iraq next week to work with the provisional government security management section. Just wondering if there are Cubs in Iraq??? Did not see any the first time but ya never know.

At least I will have the jump on BD for first shot at any for sale, but wonder what the shipping would be??

If any messages are posted by me in the next few months it will be my kids who say the are going to redo!!! the 67 while Dad is gone. So type real slow as they are 14 and 16 years old and not exactly master mechanics.

Thanks
Herb

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:19 am

Take care on your trip Herb, and come back safe. I know no one wants to go, but it's something that has to be done.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:28 am

Herb - send me a report on them I-racky cubs. I don't think my trailer & Ram will float though. I might have to rent some space from Mike Schmudlach on his next European adventure!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:06 am

Herb:

I don't know exactly what you will be doing or who you will be in contact with, but if you get an chance, please tell all of our men and women that we are thinking about them everyday and are tremendously appreciative for the sacrifices that they are making for us back home. Please be careful. We'll watch out for messages from your sons.

Now if you get down to Libia, the last time I saw Mo-mar K, he was rid'n around on some sort of tractor. See'n as how he is acting like he has seen the light, maybe he'll know where to find a cub or two.
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:11 am

:lol: Herb,

My son just got back. I asked him about Cubs in Iraq and he said most of the ones he saw were small had four legs and long ears. Stay safe and don't stay too long.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:08 am

Herb -
Be alert and let us know what is really happening.
Tell our people not to pay too much heed to the US 'news' reports. They don't get much else correct either.
If you get interviewed, speak v e r r y y s s l o o w w l l y y.; maybe they'll quote you properly.
Good Wishes and prayers for all, including the Iraqui people.
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Herb Ramsey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Herb Ramsey » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:22 am

Thanks for all of the positive support and comments. I will pass all of your support on to the troops that I see while in Iraq. I am a Army Officer but I will be working with mostly civilians in the government support cell and I will try send you all updates if I see a internet connection. Kind of tough on the first tour as many flying objects made it hard to type. I agree that the press does not always get it right but it sure is closer than when I came in 24 years ago hopefully it will be ground truth some day.

Thanks and I will keep eyes open and does anyone know how many peices you have to break a cub into to mail it to yourself?

Thanks
Herb

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:47 am

Herb,

Good luck over there, and thank you!

I don't know about the mail, but I once bought a Cub that was in peices. The guy didn't have a shed, so he took it all apart so he could carry it in the house. I doubt he had a wife.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:23 pm

George Willer wrote:Herb,

Good luck over there, and thank you!

I don't know about the mail, but I once bought a Cub that was in peices. The guy didn't have a shed, so he took it all apart so he could carry it in the house. I doubt he had a wife.

When I bought my 48 about 15 years ago, I tore it down in small enough pieces I could carry it into a walk in basement and spent the winter rebuilding it. Took it back outside in the spring and put it back together. Remarkably it ran. Image That was my first dealings with a cub.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:10 pm

Herb,
One more item of reinforcement - This board will understand more than most - but the public has no concept of the time the military devotes to planning for after the battle.
It is especially an easy target for some despotic candidates for office or the limelight.
As for the supply 'scandal', I don't see any of those motormouths setting up a corporation to compete for those 'plum' contracts to haul flammable liquids around while nuts are trying to blow you up!
'Nuff of the vent.
Thanks board for your forbearance,
May God Bless America
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:32 pm

Hi Herb,

I will be thinking about you while you are over in Iraq. Having gone through Tet in 1968 in Saigon I know just a little of what you are going through.

If you find a CUB you could take it apart and have each of your buddies
bring a piece back for you.

Good Luck.

Russ L

Return to “Farmall Cub”