This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Planter Gear

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LabadieBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63055

Cub Planter Gear

Postby LabadieBill » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:04 pm

Does anybody have an extra planter gear - it's the gear that bolts inside the right rear drive housing and drives the main chain that runs up to the planter. Unable to find one around here. Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:43 pm

The are hard to come by. Your best best is to get dimensions and make one or have one made at a machine shop. If I can't re-weld mine, I will make a new one on the lathe and the mill. They are made out of brittle cast iron.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:36 pm

might try jptractorsalvage.com, or tmtractor.com. They may not show them on the website, so you may need to email or call tehm.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:20 pm

Hey LabadieBill,

I will going down to the tractor shed tomorrow and I will check. I think three of my tractors came with them on.

Russ L

Alabamacub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Alabamacub » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:45 pm

LababieBill,

I may be looking for one myself. I have been given another planter that my father will pick up next week. I hope between the two that I can get one working planter.

Robert
Alabamacub

Return to “Farmall Cub”