This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUBFEST 2004

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

CUBFEST 2004

Postby Indiana Robinson » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:11 pm

After seeing that we are now 700 members I keep wondering how much camping space I will need for Cubfest 2004. :D I have plenty of room but limited shady places. Maybe I need to plant a bunch of really fast growing trees. Probably wouldn't make much shade by June. :D
This wet fall and early winter we have had has not helped with getting stuff done but the bright cold days we are having now are not bad for working outside. At least with the ground frozen I can drive any place I want. Much of the area was like jelly with the record setting rains we were having. I have been working on my disaster of a shop for a month. maybe in another month I will be able to tell I have done something.
Planning for such things as parking and trailer parking, camping areas and the like seem to be pulling together fine. I don't expect to be having any panic attacks before late May. :D
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby (CUB HUT) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:32 pm

Robinson
Have you set A date for cubfest 2004? I know you wont over lap Shelbyville show. Hoping you don't overlap Johnson Co. show!
Dave Bloomington, In.
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Indiana Robinson » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:25 am

CUBFEST 2004 is set for June 18 - 19 - 20.
I don't know when the Johnson County show is But we usually go to it on the day of the auction. If its that weekend I'll just miss it.
I missed the Shelby County show date only by accident, didn't really care as the local show pretty much sucks... :( It is mostly a pulling club. They line up a whole bunch of chopped up and modified pullers in with the show tractors then move them all to the racetrack centerfield for the pulling then haul them all away. There always seems to be an abundance of backstabbing and bickering. Last year I just went to the auction.
There are only a few shows I really try to get to. One is Rush County, another is Elnora IN, also Decatur County, Portland IN of course and my favorite for showing and demonstrating which is Conner Prairie Museum's Country Fair in September.
Setting a date gets to be pretty arbitrary... This date misses Red Power Roundup by a week. There are constant conflicts and people stay so busy these days it is almost impossible to even set a date for a family dinner.
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:31 pm

It is too bad I won't be able to make it to Cubfest. The next weekend is RedPower and IND is the wrong way for me. George's worked out for me on the way to PA.
Also I am only taking trucks to RedPower this year. I will get all of the odd ball tractors out for the Winter Convention in Wisconsin in Feb. of 2005.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:56 am

Hey Mike,
I also plan on going to RedPower this year. Which of course means I will not make it to Cubfest either. In fact I will miss my local tractor clubs show as well. IH is even the feature tractor this year, But it's the same weekend as RedPower. Go figure.:?

I'm in MN now but was borne and raised in Oskaloosa, IA. Not far at all from where RedPower is this year. My folks still live there.

Even though you are only taking trucks, I'll look you up and we can talk cubs!

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Return to “Farmall Cub”