This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deluxe Seat & Rear Rockshaft?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:20 pm

I was missing something... The second picture shows things better.
If it were me I'd send it to George :lol: :lol: :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:24 pm

One thing to keep in mind was that the deluxe seat didn't come along until the Fast Hitch was available. On the Farmall Fast Hitch, the rockshaft is mounted in the 2 large castings that bolt to the final drives.

The LoBoy Fast Hitch mounted where the old style rockshaft mounted but also on the right axle housing. So it raised both sides of the seat bracket. By the way, the standard seat on the LoBoy used the two upright brackets of the deluxe seat.

It is possible that IH said you couldn't use the deluxe seat with the old style rockshaft. More likely, they had some 1/2" spacers to put under the right bracket. I have never seen the installation instructions for a rear rockshaft that was dated '55 or later. If somebody could find one of them, it would most likely answer the question.

If it was my tractor, I would put some 1/2" spacers under the right seat bracket. If that proved to be uncomfortable, I would make a new left bracket from scratch, 1/2" inch shorter. Its, flat steel with one 90 degree break, not that hard to do. Then you still have the original bracket for when you take the rockshaft back off.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:36 pm

I would make a new left bracket from scratch, 1/2" inch shorter. Its, flat steel with one 90 degree break, not that hard to do. Then you still have the original bracket for when you take the rockshaft back off.

BINGO! I just may have something I can use in the scrap pile. Thanks!
HR

Return to “Farmall Cub”