This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub belly mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

cub belly mower

Postby bjgravley » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:58 pm

i'm getting ready to put a woods belly mower on my cub all the ones i've seen before have chains holding the mower up in front, but i saw on e-bay something other than chains holding the front up the item # on e-bay is 2589251377 if you want to look and let me know if this is something i could get for my cub thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:33 pm

What you see in the picture is commonly used for lifting tillage equipment (cultivators, hillers,chisels) and mid-mounted blades. It may also have been used to lift the C-2 and C-3 belly mowers sold by IH at the time cubs were sold. Jim Becker will be the authority on this subject.

The Woods mowers should have a series of flat metal straps connected together to raise and lower the mower. Check the manuals on Rudi's site for pictures.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:34 pm

Sure you just need to get a set of cultivators.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:26 pm

I have a new Woods and it is lifted by chains...

http://www.pivot.net/~tbuds/mower1.jpg
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:44 pm

A lot of companies made mowers for the Cub and they all look more or less the same. This one looks like it might be an IH C-2 although the owner modified skids look different. I believe the C-2 was lifted with a chain. It isn't clear to me from the pictures how the mower is attached for lifting.

The silver painted parts on this tractor are a set of universal mounting frames. These were used by most of the front mounted implements. The tool bars that are bolted to the mounting frames are the standard tool bars from a Cub-144 cultivator.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:38 pm

I have to admit that is a unique setup. I see he has some gards to push stuff beside where was cutting away from the tires. Wonder if he was mowing next to some shrubbery, or if it was just to keep tall grass from getting mashed down. My 42 inch Woods has flat steel extensions down from the front rockshaft that it lifts with rather than chains.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

BELLY MOWER

Postby LARRY BALL » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:16 pm

BJ,
I have two CUBS both have belly mowers fitted with chain lifts. I understand the chain lifts to more or less protect the mower deck while mowing. If you were to hit something with the deck while mounted rigid, I would think you would be more likely to bend something. Just like the front wheels on a triple blabe deck they tend to let the deck "FLOAT" over your cutting area. Just a thought.
Regards,
Larry Ball
LARRY BALL

bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: BELLY MOWER

Postby bjgravley » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:27 pm

LARRY BALL wrote:BJ,
I have two CUBS both have belly mowers fitted with chain lifts. I understand the chain lifts to more or less protect the mower deck while mowing. If you were to hit something with the deck while mounted rigid, I would think you would be more likely to bend something. Just like the front wheels on a triple blabe deck they tend to let the deck "FLOAT" over your cutting area. Just a thought.
Regards,
Larry Ball
thanks alot that makes a lot of sence

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:21 pm

With the one on Ebay, I agree that could be a problem, but the 42 I have is a factory lift, and the flat lift bars and made in a toggle arangement so that the mower is not held down by the lift, but if it hits something can ride up over it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:41 pm

At least one of mine is like yours John. I'm not sure, but I think both of them are like that.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:22 pm

Here is a pic of the Woods 42 I sold. The lift linkage is laying over towards the front of the mower.

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Preacherman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Preacherman » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:09 pm

Mighty fine looking rig Jeff!

I have a 61 LoBoy with the Woods 59. But it is along way from yours!

That 55-57 series Cub is the coolest.
Sam "Preacherman" Fowler

God built us a bridge to heaven with two boards and three nails.

Return to “Farmall Cub”