This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Manuals

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Manuals

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:49 am

I saw Rudi's post...

"Don't forget to order the TC-37F Parts Manual and the GSS-1411 Service Manual to accompany your Owner's Manual."

Are these the main ones to have? Anything else I should order??
Also, Rudi-
Some of the links I go to in (Manuals) are unavailable. I just wanted to check if it is my computer, or the links. And I would like to personally thank you for all the work you have put into the wealth of information. It is endlessly helpful!!

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Manuals

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:01 am

Shopp'n Cubs wrote:Some of the links I go to in (Manuals) are unavailable. I just wanted to check if it is my computer, or the links.
Guy

May be your browser. Some of the links don't work with Netscape. If your using it , try Internet Explorer.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:11 am

I thought of that John. I have tried IE. My main browser is Safari, I'm on a MAC. That may be the difference.

Here is one example to check if it is on my end or not:

Go to "Projects and Restorations" you get two links (Jim and Brian) Both do not work for me. I get a "Not Found"

Guy

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:21 am

I am using Windows ME, and those links work using Internet Explorer, but not Netscape. Samething if I go to Implements and Parts Sketches. John's Dirt Scoop won't work with Netscape, but some of the others work either way.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:31 am

Guy:

Yup, those were the three that were recommended to me when I first got Ellie-Mae. I went to http://www.binderbooks.com and ordered them on line. Best investment in a book/s I have ever made. They cover just about everything you need to keep your Cub in top shape.

As for the server and links. You may want to go to your options tab or preferences whichever has your cache button in it. Empty those files and as well, limit your history to daily. On dial up, it can be a bit of a pain cause the pages may take longer to load without the cache, but the HTTP:404 Page not found error should not appear.

John is correct also. Netscape for some reason does not like the server. I think it has something to do with the Apache OS that is being used along with Linux. It seems to be causing Java Applet errors and refresh errors as well. There is nothing I can do about it.

I have found that even using IE I have to got to my Internet Options and delete the temporary internet files as soon as I get a page not available error. Once I do that, the page usually loads normally.

Thanks for the kind words. I am just the engine. All the fine people on the forums who have shared their manuals either by actually loaning me the manuals, photocopying or scanning them, have helped immensely. I could not have gotten this far without them! So, in case I haven't mentioned it lately folks - THANKS A LOT for all you have done!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:34 am

Yep, none of the links in "Implements and Parts Sketches" work for me in IE or Safari.

It must be the fact that I'm on a Mac. I know it does affect some sites but I don't know why.

Thanks for checking.

Guy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:35 am

Guy:

Hang on a few minutes. Will go check the server
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:41 am

Guy:

This is what the link to Brian looks like:

And this is the first pic for Jim Hudson's Cub54A parts:

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:47 am

Thanks, Rudi. What I will do in the future is just ask you or someone to post it like that or send it to me.

I'm not looking for anything specific right now. Was just curious if it was my machine or the links.

Thanks again!

Guy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:49 am

Guy:

anytime you have problems viewing the links, let me know and I will send them to you via email or post if you prefer

Malcolm
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:52 pm

On Manuals?
After purchasing my cub I purchased the following manuals:
JenSales - Cub + Loboy Operators Manual
JenSales - Service Manual
JenSales - Parts Manual
IT Shop - Service and Shop Manual
I also have the OEM Tractor Parts - Parts List + Interchange Guide.
Do you guys think these are sufficient, or should I still order the TC-37F Parts Manual and the GSS-1411 Service Manual from binderboooks. I do refer to the online manuals also, and they are a great help.

The reason I am asking is that I did two jobs on the cub ('47) last weekend. The first was because the fan was hitting the shield. I tore the fan assembly apart and reworked it. The second was a brake band slipping off. The PO had installed the brake band pin backwards and the band was only on the brake hub on the edge. When i pressed the brake it would invariably slide off and the brake pedal would go all the way down.

In both of these cases I found that the discriptions and what i found when tearing the parts apart, were not what was in the pics in the service manual or parts manual. Most of it looked like the pics, but there were some deviations. So, do I have a good set of manuals, or should I get the other ones mentioned from binder? Thanks for any guidance or ideas,
Malcolm

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:06 pm

Malcolm - I do not have any of the Jensales manuals so I really can't comment on them. But I have heard both pro & con concerning them. I have manuals from Binderbooks which are IH reprints. With a little common sense and these manuals, they have always been more than adequate.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:20 pm

I haven't seen any Jensales manuals for the Cub, but if they are anything like the set I got for my Oliver... I would pass on them. His manuals have two problems. They are greatly overpriced, and the photo copy is very poor. The pictures are just blobs that don't really show any details.

The manuals from Binder books are priced more reasonably and of much higher quality. Go with them.

Now, I'm going to be flamed again by some of Jensen's sponsors and advertisers.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:47 pm

Malcolm:

I am going to go out on a limb and stick my head on the chopping block too!

I have seen the Jensales manuals, and frankly they are not worth a pinch of you know what. I agree with George and BD - what I have seen of these manuals convinced me to get the IH Reprints from Binder. As George said, the photocopies are poor and the illustrations are fuzzy and the pics are useless blobs.

The same goes for that guy on e-Bay who scanned a bunch of Jensales manuals and is selling them for 25 bucks. Must be inflation cause just before Christmas they were 15 bucks. Either way it is a rip-off.

The I&T Manuals are okay if you want just general reference. The ones to get are the real McCoy from Binder.

If you noticed, right on the main page of the manual server, I do recommend everyone who has a Cub to have those 3 manuals. I am not a mechanic - period -, but with these manuals and some sound advice from the pro's here on the Cub forums, I have been able to get Ellie-Mae purring like a kitten and raring to go to work!

My opinion only!

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:06 pm

Hey Guys,

I am going to jump into this fray, also. To adopt/modify a phrase from GM; why not keep your CUB all International/Farmall/McCormick and buy the genuine IH books :?: :?: This way you know you have a quality product that was written specifically for CUBs. :idea: Just a comment mind you.

Also, I have nothing personal against Binder Books or any other business. However, I have used I & T before and they do not give enough detail for
my simple mind.

Return to “Farmall Cub”