This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rescue needed

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Rescue needed

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:21 am

I started refurbishing (I'm not a restorer) a 49 cub about a 1 1/2 years ago. Unfortunately due to health I am not going to be able to finish it. I have a neighbor that has offered to help me, but I am not going to be able to do much of anything on it. It is about 3/4 disassembled, with the engine already bored, crank turned, etc. I need someone who is willing to finish it for me for a fee. It is primarily to be a work tractor, but it still has all the original headlights, battery and tool box, etc. so I want to make it look half way decent. Rust is minimal, but it has a really shoddy pain job (painted over shellac from spilled gas, etc.) on it. I am aobut 70 miles south of St. Louis.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:51 pm

Hi John
I read your post and hope someone can help you out. I know how you feel as I have a 61 cub and never get to work on it because of problems with mental illness and I am only 44 years old. I like you read alot, but do not post as you do because I don't have your knowledge on the cubs. GOOD LUCK !! PAUL K. in N.H.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:35 pm

John,

I would be happy :D to finish your cub for you 8) . I would want to come and get it and bring it back to Mississippi. When finished, I will return it to you. All you need to pay for is parts/materials and gas money. Will you accept :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:55 pm

I could finish the restore for ya in about two months, but......I'd be afraid that the test drive would take a couple of years !! :lol: hehehe ....sorry, couldn't resist!!! One thing for sure is-this IS the right place to 'git her done' !-Marion

57 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 57 Cub » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:16 pm

Hey Cub Bud...If John takes you up on that offer I will pay fer your gas round trip to go get it....and I'll throw in a few extra $$ fer burgers an fries too! :D :D :D
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
now she lives happily right here in my shed.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:31 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:John,

I would be happy :D to finish your cub for you 8) . I would want to come and get it and bring it back to Mississippi. When finished, I will return it to you. All you need to pay for is parts/materials and gas money. Will you accept :?:

I'd be foolish not to take you up on that offer. Now if Bigdog were making it, I'd be a little hesitant. :wink:

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:46 pm

John,

I should be able to pick it up after the end of the month; any Monday in February. I'll make a quick trip to JP's for some B parts while I'm at it 8) . Maybe I'll even go to Ripee's, too. :shock: Send me a PM and give me the details as to how re-furbished you want it. Some pics may help to.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:13 pm

Hi John
I hope all goes well for you and your tractor, there sure are alot of kind folks on this site. You deserve this kindness for all of the knowledge that you've shared with everyone on this website.

Paul K. in NH

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:15 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Cub-Bud wrote:John,

I'd be foolish not to take you up on that offer. Now if Bigdog were making it, I'd be a little hesitant. :wink:

Hey! I represent that! :P
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:59 pm

Hey Bud,

I would like to get in on this deal and help you some also. We can use my
smaller trailer if you would like. I need to go to JP's also. Would like to go
with you.

John, I am sorry to hear about your condition. Sure hope things improve
s-o-o-n for you.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:10 pm

I think that this thread is just one of many examples of the fine people here on this board. It's a real coming together of friends!! 8)

Way to pull together guys!!!!! :D
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:56 pm

Thanks, Russ. :!: I'll take you up on that offer 8) . As soon as John and I iron out the details, I'll give you a call. We will need to take my 16' tandem....between John's cub (in pieces) and all the "supplies" you and I will rid JP of, we will need it :shock: :!:

Say, have you had a chance to look into that little cultivator matter I e-mailed you about the other day :?:

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:02 pm

I knew we had great people on here, but I am completely floored by the responces.

Cub-Bud, I was writing you a letter while ago, while Joann was fixing supper, when she told me the water was off. Discovered a bad pressure switch for the pump. Luckily I had a spare. Neigbor (who I have helped a few times) came down to help me change it. While we were in the basement fixing it, the power went off in the whole area. I'll rewrite the email and send it a little later tonight.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:44 pm

John,

I told you those hats should be called "Good Deed Hats."

WAY TO GO FELLAS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:56 am

Marion(57 Loboy) wrote:I could finish the restore for ya in about two months, but......I'd be afraid that the test drive would take a couple of years !! :lol:

I'd still get it back sooner than if I tried to do it myself, so I guess that would make you choice #2 in my poll.

Return to “Farmall Cub”