This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Morton Buildings

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
spaulman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Morton Buildings

Postby spaulman » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:40 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Morton Buildings - http://www.mortonbuildings.com? I am planning to have a fairly sizable garage built within the next year and it looks like Morton has some pretty nice stuff. I haven't seen any prices though. I want something that is going to last and isn't going to look bad in 5 years. We have a fairly nice house so I don't want to build anything that would take away from the house or annoy the neighbors. So, has anyone dealt with Morton? How was the experience - good, bad, etc? Would you use them again?
Scott Paulman
1955 Cub - C.C.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:15 pm

Morton has done 3 projects for me (on my 1 acre). Their buildings are straight, square and pretty solid. You will probably find their quote on the high side on a straight per square foot basis. I think they are worth the difference. My oldest Morton building is about 20 years old and is holding up better than my house is. It is now overdue for it's first paint job and the original gutters are shot. Otherwise it is doing fine.

Here it is:

After they finish a project, they get a little forgetful about coming back to fix construction errors or water leaks. You have to keep after them.

By the way, they pay a small referral fee to their prior customers when one of the referals makes a purchase. See if you can find a customer near you that will show you their building, then let them send your contact information to the company. If you can't find a customer in your area, I'll be happy to refer them to you. :wink:

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:16 pm

Scott - You could look for a local independent builder or contractor to build one for you. All the components and/or kits can be purchased through places such as Carter Lumber, 84 Lumber or independent lumber yards.

You then have a local contact/source to deal with for any of the little nag items that might crop up.

Denny
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

spaulman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby spaulman » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:26 pm

I'm also considering a local builder but my thinking was somewhat the opposite of yours. Morton has been in business for 100 years and chances are that they will continue to remain in business. A local builder may or may not be around when a problem arises 10 years from now. There is also a Morton office within 20 miles of my house.

I may change my tune once I talk to Morton and see some prices.
Scott Paulman

1955 Cub - C.C.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:09 pm

For what it's worth (FWIW), I've had the honor of seeing Jim Becker's Morton buildings and they are top quality. If you can afford it, I don't think you could go wrong.

Whatever you do, it will add value to your property.

Dennis

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:05 am

Dennis (47 Cub) wrote:For what it's worth (FWIW), I've had the honor of seeing Jim Becker's Morton buildings.

Here's the proof:

FWIW, Dennis's avatar picture was taken in my back yard, part of the same session this picture came from.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:51 am

Jim, The first thing that came to mind viewing the picture of you & dennis was. Dennis the auctioneer with his hand on your Cadet saying, OK, Folks who will start the bidding out with $2000 fo this fine Cadet here?. :twisted:
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”