This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Parts Source

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gator
10+ Years
10+ Years

Parts Source

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:16 pm

Well I've had my Cub for around 10 years now and been putting off rebuilding the engine for the past 3. I'm looking for some reasonable sources for the parts I'll need to do the job. Appreciate hearing from anyone that's had good success with a particular supplier.

Also wondering if anyone besides Woods is producing replacement skids for the CL42 mower deck. The cost is $40.00 each at my local Woods dealer.
'68 Cub Lo-Boy w/ Woods belly mower

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:29 pm

Gator, Try J.P. Tractor Salvage for a price on a rebuild kit. Check the home page of this site for other advertizers that support this fine site.
I got skids for Woods mowers from my local Case IH dealer. The price wasn't much better and it's been a couple of years so they may be that high from them now.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:13 am

Gator,

TM Tractor parts has good used parts at reasonable prices. His web site is set up so you can see a picture of what you are buying. He's a sponsor of this site. OEM is good too. I know they carry rebuilding kits. Their # is 800-283-2122. Might want to ask for a copy of their catalog. Hope I don't offend anyone but I didn't have very good luck with some items I bought from Wengers of Myerstown. As Bigdog mentioned JP is good too.
Always try the easiest thing first.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:41 am

I have never dealt with "Wengers of Myerstown" but I have seen there name mentioned in a lot of tractor forum posts and not once have I read anything favorable about them. Mostly that they are very high on prices and poor quality. _So_, from what I have read I will stay away from them and continue dealing with all the favorite ones mentioned & advertised here.
Then came Bronson

Gator
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gator » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:41 pm

Thanks to all for your replies and I agree with the descriptions of JP's and T&M. I've dealt with both and have the same high opinion. Especially like T&M for providing the photos and description of the parts. Both were punctual in sending out the orders and very responsive to my e-mailed questions. I have one local source that I will probabably get a price from because they wholesale to the public (if they have the Cub parts) and they also have a machine shop. I'll compare the prices and see how it goes...now all I gotta do is figure out where I can buy some time to tear the Cub down...anybody seen any for sale?

Thanks again all!
Gator
'68 Cub Lo-Boy w/ Woods belly mower

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:51 pm

If you are going to need any machining work done on the engine, it may be helpful to get your parts from the same place. In that case, they will have more interest in making sure things fit.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:00 pm

I got the parts for the rebuilt engine on my 49 from the machine shop, and they were no higher than any other source I checked. Also many shops want the pistons on hand before they bore, and will actually match the pistons to the bores.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”