This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lost spark?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
71Nova
10+ Years
10+ Years

Lost spark?

Postby 71Nova » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:28 pm

Was out plowin snow for about 3 hours and right as i was about to finish our driveway and the Cub just quit. I looked at the fuel supply and all is good. Checked for spark at the plug and there was none. Checked spark at coil none. Checked power to coil and there was power there. So i went and got a new coil and tried it and still no good. What could the problem be here?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:15 pm

No spark at the coil means the points are not making & breaking or they are bridged by a short. I'd check the points for glazing and check the wire from the coil to the points to see if maybe it is shorting out, The condensor could be shorted but that is a rare occurance. If you put an ohmmeter on the coil primary terminal that goes to the distirbutor and slowly hand crank the motor over, you should be able to see the points make and break the circuit to ground (ignition off - unless you have a magneto)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

71Nova
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 71Nova » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:32 pm

We filed the points and it fired right up. Problem solved thanks for the help.

Return to “Farmall Cub”