This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Anybody ever taken a distributor apart.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Anybody ever taken a distributor apart.

Postby Daniel H. » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:23 pm

My distributor was soaked with oil up where the points are at when I tore my engine down. Now that I am reassembling, I have taken it apart and cleaned it up. It is pretty straight forward. The distributor shaft has a pretty good groove in it where the seal rides. The seal on this is an o-ring in a little brass carrier instead of a lip seal. Will a new o-ring seal in this groove? If not what are my options. I imagine a new shaft would be pricey, IF you could even get one. I don't think there is room (lengthwise) for a speedy-sleeve. Any suggestions?
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:19 pm

i took one distributer off. So now i am a expert.I will leave this to the cub masters. Just a question " Hows your ignition oil seal"?The one i took off was old and 44 years old.I think i was three when it was put there!

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:05 am

Daniel,

You could try an O ring with a slightly smaller ID. If the groove doesn't have any sharp edges it might work.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Return to “Farmall Cub”