This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

340 Mouse Trap

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

340 Mouse Trap

Postby Paul_NJ » Wed May 02, 2007 6:26 am

Weirdest thing . . . my 340 U has a telescoping front axle similar to the Cub, and is permanently frozen "one hole out". The axle adjustment holes are approx 5/8 inch diameter. Yesterday I went out to the barn where the tractor is up on blocks for painting, and was surprised to find a full grown mouse, dead, stuck half way in the axle adjustment hole. It was stuck at the waist, and its tail was hanging out of the bottom hole. How, and why, it got into the axle tube is a mystery, but it apparently couldn't get the back end out. I had a difficult time getting it out the rest of the way myself . . . was afraid it might break in half.
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

LSG3240
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby LSG3240 » Wed May 02, 2007 6:56 am

Had one go swimming in the diesel tank of my massey ferg. one night. Left the cap off for some dumb reason and he decided to take a swim. Had a 4ft long King Cobra on top of my toilet one night. (When a snake is on your toilet at 2:00am, IT IS a king Cobra!) In the daylight he was a chicken snake,but trust me on this one, It Was a king Cobra at 2:00 am.
Live a life that you dont have to apologize for when you meet the almighty.

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Wed May 02, 2007 7:03 am

Where in Texas? I lived near Odessa for 3 years . . . and I know there are some serious snakes in West Texas . . .
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed May 02, 2007 9:25 am

Good old snakes in the outhouse trick eh. My oldest daughter was about 16 at the time in Romulus NY mid afternoon when a snake decided to visit her. A big scream and she was on top of the seat. She wasn't in the least bothered that her 10 year old brother rescued her, even though her skirts were up around her neck. She only had 1 brother but he has sure been her favorite and that was in 1973.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

LSG3240
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby LSG3240 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:25 pm

I live in East Texas, and yes we have some serious snakes around here too. I went through Odessa a year ago. Nice place to move away from. Good football teams there. Can not remember the name of the place but ate a good steak there too.
Live a life that you dont have to apologize for when you meet the almighty.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”