This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ConnectiCubFest 2007 - with Photos

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat May 05, 2007 7:38 pm

We just got back home. It was great! Hope Masscubfest turns out half as good. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Sat May 05, 2007 7:44 pm

Bill The power unit isnt all we had hoped for. we got everything together and the fluids changed to find out it had no compression.
5 of the 6 valves were stuck and Buzzard Wing, Junkman and myself got them loosened up. it will need a valve job and head gasket
Image On To Bigger Things

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Postby CTdave » Sat May 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Just arrived home. I took my two cubs up yesterday (see my previous post). Today, I took my 5y.o son & he had a BLAST! So much to do with so little time. During one of the "hay rides", we stopped at a really BIG, old shovel back in the dirt pits. The origonal owner was on hand to take the kids one by one on board to move some large quantities of dirt. My son was in awe! Back at the cub ranch, we had a great cook out & I think everyone won one or two (several if you had enough kids PETER hehehe).
It was great fun with cub rides, kids playing in a giant sand box with every toy a kid could want, cool old machenery and plenty or good guys (and gals). I have a few pictures but I'm too damn tired right now to start messing around with this infernal machine.
Thank you to EVERYBODY I met. I am truly looking forward to seeing you all again!
David

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun May 06, 2007 9:01 am

Scotty D wrote:Bill The power unit isnt all we had hoped for. we got everything together and the fluids changed to find out it had no compression.
5 of the 6 valves were stuck and Buzzard Wing, Junkman and myself got them loosened up. it will need a valve job and head gasket

We could do it at the next cubfest or do it sooner too. I have to get Kit's hands dirty now and make him a gear head.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun May 06, 2007 9:06 am

CTdave wrote:Just arrived home. I took my two cubs up yesterday (see my previous post). Today, I took my 5y.o son & he had a BLAST! So much to do with so little time. During one of the "hay rides", we stopped at a really BIG, old shovel back in the dirt pits. The origonal owner was on hand to take the kids one by one on board to move some large quantities of dirt. My son was in awe! Back at the cub ranch, we had a great cook out & I think everyone won one or two (several if you had enough kids PETER hehehe).
It was great fun with cub rides, kids playing in a giant sand box with every toy a kid could want, cool old machenery and plenty or good guys (and gals). I have a few pictures but I'm too damn tired right now to start messing around with this infernal machine.
Thank you to EVERYBODY I met. I am truly looking forward to seeing you all again!
David

Was George running the big shovel? Thats one hefty piece of equipment ain't it? The Zagray Farm Museum is one big adult sandbox ain't it. What a fun place to see and get aquainted with old equipment. That big shovel is a monster.

I think we need to camp out at the cubfests all the running around is tuff on my old body. Next time I'll bring a cub cadet to use as my hoveround to see everything there without walking too much.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun May 06, 2007 9:08 am

ScottyD'sdad wrote:We just got back home. It was great! Hope Masscubfest turns out half as good. Ed

When and were in MASS is the cubfest?

Kit are you going to the cubfest in Mass?

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Sun May 06, 2007 3:27 pm

Well it looks like you have a great time, :D :D

I am just being able to get around again. I was bleeding in my ass and the doc had to do was repair work.
Now that is a pain in the ass. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun May 06, 2007 3:49 pm

As always it was a great time. You really can say that Cub folks are the best . It was nice to meet all the CT folks, lots of new faces but they all have special 'Cub' sparkle in their eyes.

I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do, but I did get em posted on Cub Photo Server.

http://photos.cubfest.com/thumbnails.php?album=301

Special thanks to Peter for doing an awesome job of organizing and planning, Art for making it possible, TM for giving us a bunch of excellent door prizes, Scotty's dad for his generous contribution of door prizes, and Cecil for his dedication on the projects.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun May 06, 2007 4:15 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:Special thanks to Peter for doing an awesome job of organizing and planning, Art for making it possible, TM for giving us a bunch of excellent door prizes, Scotty's dad for his generous contribution of door prizes, and Cecil for his dedication on the projects.

Larry

I'm glad the whole event seems to have turned out well. That's what we had hoped for. The pictures are appreciated by those of us who couldn't be there... and the added captions really do add a lot! :D :D :D

Thanks for taking the extra time.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sun May 06, 2007 6:29 pm

Cecil took the power unit home to do the valve job. I will be making a hood for it, copying our hood.

I want to thank PeterPerson, Black Jeep,Art C and everyone who made it a great success.

Mass Cubfest will be on FATHERS DAY.I know, Dumb Polack*!! My calandar wasn't marked when I did the preliminary planning. More information will follow.

*Moderators,I can say this because I am describing MYSELF.

Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

DaveB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01516

Postby DaveB » Sun May 06, 2007 6:57 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped put together ConnectiCubFest. I had a good time and it was nice to put faces with names. DaveB.

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Sun May 06, 2007 7:01 pm

just got in the door. still have 2 tractors to bring back from the grounds, the 240 and the A. not today, though.
I can certainly say that this venture was a tremendous success. the weatherman was the only party pooper. he promised sunshine and 60's today, and gave us a cold, windy, overcast start to the day. it improved, thankfully. Peter, John, and i were out rolling up awnings last night at midnight, when the first real blasts came up - the wind today, and all that Red fun !!! has plumb wore me out.

with my 'official duties' i wasn't able to spend as much time as i'd liked to with the guys, but certainly dinner, campfire time, etc. was great.

what a great bunch of guys, i'm ready to do it again!!!
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Sun May 06, 2007 7:06 pm

First and formost a hearty thanks to Peter and Art for setting this up and being gracious hosts. A big job well done and I had a BALL. I got in about 2:30, took a nap and went out and mowed the side yard with the flail mower and disked up the pumpkin patch. The power unit is in the barn and I will move it into the shop tomorrow night. Here we go again. Let me see. While the hood is being made might as well...........

Again thanks to you guys for being great hosts and I am already looking forward to next year. I had a wonderful, wonderful time.

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Sun May 06, 2007 9:17 pm

Got home at 3:45pm and was unloaded by 4:30pm, hit the showers, dropped the trailer off at UHaul and made it to evening service.
This was a GREAT weekend with a lot of fun had by everyone.
Art - Thanks for coordinating everything with the farm and putting us front and center in the exhibit area. (Thanks also for letting me dirty up my plow in the house garden.) Been wanting to plow like that since failing miserably in Ohio last summer. Cecil gave us his pumpkin patch to plow last fall and that just wet the appetite. That was some boney soil though in Colchester. Came to a dead stop a couple of times.
Cecil - Thanks for your enthusiasm and can-do attitude. See you in 5 months.
TM Tractor, Ed & Scotty - Thanks for all the great raffle prizes. Ed & Scotty, we wish you well with your MassCubFest on Fathers Day. Thanks also for diving into the Cub Power Unit project.
Kit - Hope to see all of your pictures in the ConnectiCubFest Album. Thanks for asking all the questions about what was going on.
Larry - Maybe we change your job from official photographer to official storyteller.
BigBill - That stand you made sure made it a whole lot easier to work on the power unit. Great to meet you, wish you could have been there on Saturday and/or Sunday.
BlackJeep - Thanks for keeping the forum with "live" updates including pictures.
Don McCombs - Thank you for gracing us with your presence on Saturday. Sure wish you could have stayed longer.
CTdave & Stick - Thanks for keeping us well fed on Saturday and for your enthusiasm as new Cub owners.
DaveB, junkman1946, dpmacv,billb61460, and all of the other Cub owners who came - a big THANKS for making the 1st ConnectiCubFest a great success.
Thanks most of all to my wife Donna for letting me go to a CubFest on our anniversary weekend. (20 years on May 2nd) She even drove the Cub for the 1st time Saturday evening after dinner. I better start searching for more Cubs!
And with that Good Night & God Bless.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Kit Sumner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06413
Tractors Owned: 1959 Farmall Cub w/ fast hitch

The Incredible ConnectiCubFest 2007!

Postby Kit Sumner » Sun May 06, 2007 9:22 pm

So this is what a CubFest is all about - my first, and I loved every minute of it! I absolutely agree with Larry "Cub folks are the best." I met up with old friends and made many new ones; learned a great deal from enthusiastic Cubbers, young and old(?); bought a complete set of Cub wheel weights; took a lot of pictures all three days and went home exhausted but already planning on attending Ed's MassCubFest in June. It really doesn't get much better than this past weekend at the magnificent Zagray Farm Museum.

A warm thanks to Peter for his incredible energy, organization and follow through; to Art for always being there when we needed him and for this wonderful Zagray connection; to TM and Ed for their generous door prizes; to BigBill, Larry, Cecil, Ed, Scott, John, CTdave and my other Cubber buddies for really making it FUN.

Kit
Any job worth doing
is a job worth doing well.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”