This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO Converter 2nd try

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO Converter 2nd try

Postby WKPoor » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:57 am

If it doesn't work this time I will seek professional help!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:00 pm

Checking IMG option

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

PTO Converter

Postby Dan England » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:06 pm

I can see the converter now. Dan

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:29 pm

Bill:

The only problem you had in the first one was that you used instead of tags. Well done!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

russ
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO Speed Reducer/Direction Changer (Hub City)

Postby russ » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:17 pm

The photo looks to be a Hub City (diretion changer / speed reducer) model #22, with an after market mounting bracket. Factory bracket for a cub was heavy plate steel,the Lo-boy was cast iron . Made in three gear ratio's,1-1, 2-1,or 2.53-1. Changed pto diretion (counter clockwise, to clockwise) could reduce pto speed from 1600rpm down to 540rpm,and also changed output shaft fron IH 10t spline to standard 6spline. Russ

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: PTO Speed Reducer/Direction Changer (Hub City)

Postby johnbron » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:27 pm

russ wrote:The photo looks to be a Hub City (diretion changer / speed reducer) model #22, with an after market mounting bracket. Factory bracket for a cub was heavy plate steel,the Lo-boy was cast iron . Made in three gear ratio's,1-1, 2-1,or 2.53-1. Changed pto diretion (counter clockwise, to clockwise) could reduce pto speed from 1600rpm down to 540rpm,and also changed output shaft fron IH 10t spline to standard 6spline. Russ

Hey Russ, Welcome to the Cub board. Nice to have new brains join up and it sounds like you have a lot of Cub knowledge to offer.

B.J.
Then came Bronson

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:20 pm

Greeting Russ- This forum just keeps getting better all the time. Lots of knowledge coming to the table. That is a 2-1 speed reduction. My neighbor made that trick adapter to enable me to fasten on. I sure would like to find a 3-1. This one works fine for driving my 3pt. speader because of the low power and speed requirements.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:28 pm

Hub City is still in business and making gears. Search to your heart's content:

http://www.hubcityinc.com/index.html

Stuff dreams are made of:

http://catalogs.hubcityinc.com/parallel/model85L.html

russ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby russ » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:55 pm

Hub city is still in buisness,but the model #22 for farm tractor use has been out of prodution for many years. Some parts are still avalable, but many of the gears are special order only. I have a unit that is 1-1 gear ratio. I tryed to get it regeared, and the cost from Hub City for the two gears was $920.00 plus shipping and tax. Needless to say I have a diretion changer that will not work for my needs. Am told that the 1-1 gearing is for the cub cadet (with a pto kit). I have collected a lot of info on the Hub City gear changers( parts lists, different models and gear ratios ect.) If anyone needs info I may be able to help. Russ

moe1942
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71303
Tractors Owned: 1-69 Cub

5- Cub Cadets

PTO reducer

Postby moe1942 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:20 am

WKPoor,

Good shot of the reducer, but my interest was drawn to the rockshaft mod. Would you please post a picture of the whole setup. Looks like you may have the answer to something I have been thinking about.

Thanks

moe1942

Steve K. CALIF
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93636
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub #550
1962 LoBoy

Postby Steve K. CALIF » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:47 pm

Hi all, I am a District Sales Manager for Hub City, Inc. for the Central Valley area of California. Russ is correct in that these units have been discontinued for a long time. Last Hub City catalog to feature these was the Hub City Engineering manual No.3. I was at the factory last November, Aberdeen, SD, and looked for parts to put one together for my own use, to no avail. I believe a model 22 could be set up with modifications if someone was really in need. The price for the replacement gears seems high, I will check it out. I sent a rather poor quality copy of the different setups out of the old catalog to Geo. Willer a few weeks back for reference. Regards, Steve K.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:15 pm

Steve K. CALIF wrote:Hi all, I am a District Sales Manager for Hub City, Inc. for the Central Valley area of California. Russ is correct in that these units have been discontinued for a long time. Last Hub City catalog to feature these was the Hub City Engineering manual No.3. I was at the factory last November, Aberdeen, SD, and looked for parts to put one together for my own use, to no avail. I believe a model 22 could be set up with modifications if someone was really in need. The price for the replacement gears seems high, I will check it out. I sent a rather poor quality copy of the different setups out of the old catalog to Geo. Willer a few weeks back for reference. Regards, Steve K.

Right, and thanks again, Steve. The copy is legible, and shows five different models. I'm not sure it would still be legible after I scan it and turn it into a .jpg, but I'll try if anyone wants to see it.

Another idea... I could send a hard copy to Rudi so he could show it. He seems to work wonders with these things. O.K., Rudi, Steve?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:52 pm

For those who can manage it, I've scanned the page and put it on line... sideways. That's to keep the download from becoming outrageously large. It's still 281 KB. I also have it at 1378 KB, but like many of you, I'm on dial-up.

I'm sure Rudi can make it more legible from the hard copy I have, but you get the idea.

http://members.toast.net/gwill/album/Tractors/Farmall/cub%20city%20adqapter2.jpg
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:15 pm

George:

Please and thank you! I will do my best!

Thanks
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Steve K. CALIF
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93636
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub #550
1962 LoBoy

Postby Steve K. CALIF » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:58 pm

Thanks for posting the page George. I'll try to get a pristine catalog page to you. Steve

Return to “Farmall Cub”