This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet 1100

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tiger9297
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Cadet 1100

Postby tiger9297 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:23 pm

I picked up an 1100 for free. Everthing is there and the tractor looks pretty good. I don't know if it runs yet. Anyway, I had a few questions as I'm new to the Cub Cadet world.

1) Is this tractor a hydrostat? It appears to be, but still has what looks like a shifter?

2) Does it have a hydraulic pump?

3) What H.P. is this engine?

4) I also have a 126 and I'd like to build a P.F. Engineering loader for one of these tractors. Which one would be the best for a loader.

NOTE: I have a new Grasshopper mower so both of these tractors are going to be used mainly as tractors and not mowers. I'm open to handy uses for either. I live in MS so no snow plowing needed. :D

Thanks for the input.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ih-cubcadet-man
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61957

Postby ih-cubcadet-man » Sun May 20, 2007 7:56 am

answers to your questions
1 no its a gear drive,, not a hydro
2,no hydro pump
3, 11 hp briggs motor
4, the 126 is a much stronger tractor,, the 1100 has a light duty peerles tranny in it

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Mon May 21, 2007 12:42 am

1100 like the later 482/582's is to be considered a "Yard tractor." Kind of a cross between a lawn and a garden tractor. Smaller engine, lighter duty transaxle than its bigger brothers, but built on a rail frame and has larger wheels than a lawn tractor. There are plenty of these IH built units still in regular service today, a good freebie catch to play around with :)

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

Return to “Cub Cadet”