This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Dad's "New"? Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:32 am

I'm curious Cub-Bud, they listed as having engine parts in a box. Were these parts in good shape? If new parts...you got a great deal.
HR

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:51 am

hr's49cub wrote:
It also helps when one's father-in-law works for GM. (Generous Motors)
HR

H.R.,

You just reminded me... You have a Fisher-Guide facility in your back yard... Fisher-Guide, Monroe, just east of town. Do you have an inside track that could get us to a reasonable source for the Guide lenses so many of us need?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:26 pm

The place has changed names yet again as it was spun-off from GM. That's when paw-in-law took the early out to keep the GM bennies. But, I will look into it because they still make headlamps of some sort.

"Delphi"....I couldn't think of the name when I first posted. HR

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:51 pm

The PO had begun to disassemble the motor for a rebuild. The parts in the box, actually two boxes, were parts that had been removed (carb, manifold, air cleaner, etc.) but, nothing new. The serial number is 50246, making it a 1948 model. The tractor has new 8.3-24 Goodyears on the back and new 400-12 sawtooth boat trailer tires on the front. Dad said the trailer tires will go and be replaced with Goodyear tri-ribs. The tractor has the original front grill, battery box, and tool box. The front lights have been replaced by aftermarket lights, the rear light is original but, missing the lens. I consider the complete, and functional, hand lift a added bonus. There is still some traces of the original decals on the sides of the hood (McCormick Deering Farmall Cub). It has the original IH muffler on it, but it is not usable. I told Dad on the way home that there is no reason we shouldn't be finished with the total renew by Cub-Arama time in September. Due to off and on rain showers today, I didn't get any pictures of the "homecoming".

George.....what we thought was a extra-long governor control lever turned out to be a small pipe welded to the steering support. It has a "normal" sized lever on it. I have no idea why the pipe is there.

I, too, came away with a little treasure...a five foot Mott flail mower. It was under dad's cub but, was removed to sell seperate. It is complete and still has the original paint and decals on it.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:17 pm

Quote: Bud

George.....what we thought was a extra-long governor control lever turned out to be a small pipe welded to the steering support. It has a "normal" sized lever on it. I have no idea why the pipe is there.

My Cub also has a 1¼/1½? short pipe welded on a slant to the steering support. My guess was that it was for an umbrella mount. I left it on and painted it as if it belongs there.
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:07 pm

Bud, the 5 foot Mott will put a pretty good load on the cub. A 4 foot one was standard, and was just about the right load for the cub.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:15 pm

The Mott mower under my '49 is a four foot. Was the five foot Mott made for the cub or another tractor :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:14 am

I assume they did, but never saw one. The D9 (4 foot) uses 120 knives. The D95 (also shown for Cub) uses 152 knives, which would be the right number for an extra foot long. It also gives 2 different part nubers for the support roller on the D9 and D95. The problem with this theory is that the parts manual says that both support rollers are 4 feet. So you figure it out :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:37 pm

hr's49cub wrote:I'm curious Cub-Bud, they listed as having engine parts in a box. Were these parts in good shape? If new parts...you got a great deal.
HR

By the time you finish your Dad's and mine, you shoud be pretty good at building Cub Kits (cubs in boxes) :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”