This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wheel spacing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Davidpitre
10+ Years
10+ Years

Wheel spacing

Postby Davidpitre » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:28 pm

I am considering buying a cub for cultivating my 5 acres of vegetables, but am concerned with being able to stradle our wide beds (60"). Does anyone know how wide the wheels can be adjusted on a cub. Did it vary with different years?I'd appreciate any help. Thank you

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:43 pm

David:

The maximum wheel spacing is 56-5/8" centre to centre of the front wheels.

You can check this by going to the Cub Manual servr at the link in my sig line and going to page 53 in the owners manual

I use my Cub to do my vegetable gardens and it works very well.

While you are visiting the server, there is all kinds of info there on Cubs including links to the Cub FAQ's, the Best of H.L. Chauvin and tons more.

Hope this helps
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:44 pm

I wonder if one could have hub spacers made for each side to get the extra room ?

Davidpitre
10+ Years
10+ Years

Wheel spacing

Postby Davidpitre » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:48 pm

Sir,
Thank you for responding.
However, when I checked your link and clicked on "1950 Cub Owners' Manual" p44 I read that the back wheels can adjust to a max of 56", but the front wheels adjust only by turning the wheel discs in or out with the widest spacing being 46". Am I reading it wrong or looking in the wrong place?
Thank you for your time.
David

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:07 pm

David,
some tractors had a fixed front axel and others ( more common) had an adjustable front axle. IH even had a wider front axle on the high crop models.
Also there are spacers to make the rear axle wider.

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Re: Wheel spacing

Postby George Willer » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:08 pm

Davidpitre wrote:Sir,
Thank you for responding.
However, when I checked your link and clicked on "1950 Cub Owners' Manual" p44 I read that the back wheels can adjust to a max of 56", but the front wheels adjust only by turning the wheel discs in or out with the widest spacing being 46". Am I reading it wrong or looking in the wrong place?
Thank you for your time.
David

David,

There are 3 different front axles. I think the manual is referring to the fairly uncommon, but standard, non-adjustable axle that can have wheel spacing adjusted only by reversing the wheels. The more common adjustable axle should adjust to the same spacings as the rears. Then there is the even less common special axle made for the hi-crop that, along with spacers for the rears, adjusts to even wider settings that may be better for you, but can't be adjusted to the narrow settings many of us prefer.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”