This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

trentm71

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

trentm71

Postby Trent M » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:39 am

Hi all, I should have posted here long ago. Ive been on this site for nearly a year now. My name is Trent and I am happily married with 3 beautiful children and live in Southern Illinois.

I hope no one has any hard feelings for me and how I got my Cub. I think we all dream of something like this, my dream just came true. My Cub is a 1949 model that belonged to my great aunt and uncle. The got it in 1952 from a neighbor who got a Super H. They took outstanding care of anything they ever had. The cub had set (in Aunt Betty's concrete-floored building) for 8 years. Aunt Betty scaled down her gardening and mowed with more conventional machines as she got on in years. She moved to town some years ago, after Uncle John passed and last summer, she sold her olf farm. While she was clearing everything out, she gave to me and Dad her Cub. We brought it home and started it that day. After a carb rebuild, we used it to mow with the Woods 42 a couple times.

Over the fall, a retired IH mechanic offered to go through it for us. We went through the motor and replaced rings, rod bearings, seals, ground valves, and that 1949 Cub is a purrer! She had, in good condition, the Woods 42, the plow, what looks to be the complete cultivators, with all the accessories, lifts, brackets, even original bolts in their correct places. All in dry storage on concrete floors. Also, a 22 mower that is rusty. The PTO pulley is real nice, though. Oh yeah, even the right angle belt pulley attachment. There is a swinging drawbar, but I never found the front support peice that bolts to the rears. I even have the original owners manual and the manuals for the 22 mower and cultivators. In the same packet was the original signed sales receipt and manual for the Woods 42 from when they bought it in 1972!

Over the winter, I took off the Woods and stripped it down and repainted. Also aquired a 54 blade that I repainted also. Put on the blade, but it never snowed enough this year to use it. :( Took off the blade and hooked up the plow for the garden. Currently have the Woods back on for mowing. Gonna need to take mower back off and mount cultivators for the first time for the garden. Looking forward to it.

These things are handy little tractors and I have to admit, I have been pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to switch amongst the implements for what I need to do. I will treasure this prize, this amazing gift from my great aunt, for years to come.

Thanks for reading,
Trent
Trent McPeak

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Trent:

Very nice story about how you acquired your Cub. You are one of the more fortunate ones, who is able to claim a real close personal family relationship with their Cub. Being able to keep the Cub in the family and keep it working many decades after their 7 year expected design life, is just wonderul. I have a feeling there are a number of our members who not only can understand but actually experience the very same feelings for their generational Cubs...

Glad you were able to get a Cub that has a lot of meaning for you.

Now.. about that Woods Mower Manual :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:04 am

Trent
I thank it is wonderful that you were able to get the cub and keep it in the family. Congratulations on having it. Getting it rebuilt now you can enjoy it for many many years. :) :) :)
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:10 am

Trent - it's always great to hear about a tractor that stays in the family. I wish I could find one of dad's old M's that I grew up with.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:28 am

Great story Trent and welcome.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:25 pm

Great intro and Trent and hope to see you and your CUB at Docfest 2008 :D
John

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Trent,
That's a great story. My Cub is one my Dad had and he gave it to me, and as yours it has a story that means a lot to me. Hope to get to meet you in the future.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:10 am

Great story Trent and congrats on the Cub. I know you will enjoy the Cub and the forum as well. The little Cub, for some reason. is an infectious and addictive machine! I've already been looking for No. 2. Pete

Return to “Introduce Yourself”