This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tomatos

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Tomatos

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:31 am

I have tomatos already not ripe but getting there.
Plant is about 3 foot tall. How are everyone else plants doing :?: Weather has been a little weird here in Indiana.
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:43 am

I have peppers a little larger than golf balls, tomatos are there but as you said, not ripe. Hope my melons and cukes do well, last year my melons didn't fair very well.
Mike Duncan

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:52 am

Green beans are blooming...purple hull peas not far behind. Okra is about 6" high....tomatoes and yellow squash blooming...butter peas and sweet corn up, but needs a rain.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Beestingz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04474
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub

You guys are.......

Postby Beestingz » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:32 am

you guys ar e bunch of teases.... :wink: up here in Maine...lets see... tomatoes abou t4 inches high. Peas a foot.... cukes wished they stayed in the greenhouse another week after the past few 45 degree nights. The potatoes are showing about 2 leaves, and the green beans are just about to pop out of the ground today. The garlic is about 16 to 24 inches... but then again they were all planted last October... Happy growing!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Considering our lattitude is far closer to Bangor, Me than it is to Memphis we're doing pretty good. Lots of pepper, cucumber and zuccinni blossoms but nothing more just yet. I did find an Early Girl tomato about the size of a large pea. :D Second planting of sweet corn is about 2" but spotty due to lack of moisture. First planting is about a foot high and looking great. Okra is maybe 1" and also spotty.

Strangely enough, vining plants from seed are ahead of nursery plants. So much for getting a head start. :(

Potatoes are doing poorly. I hope to get the seed back.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Most of my second planting of corn and both plantings of beans were evidently planted just for the benefit of the rabbits. Some of the first corn is waist high and tassled out. I picked and ate a grape tomato yesterday.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:45 am

Corn doing ok after the storms friday.[need the rain]Tomatoes doing real well, 3 ft blooms all over ,peas doing real well no blooms yet but should be getting close.Tracys beans got attack by bugs.hope to have a great year selling stuff,my last job change cost me $$$$Be nice to have some spending money on vacation.Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Jack fowler on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Corn is coming along nicely - much of it is taller than me. We did have to replant because of the weird weather a while back. We've been picking zucchini and squash like crazy. The zucchinis are huge. :shock: we sure could use some more rain though :roll:
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:22 pm

Jack,
Sounds like you have a couple of fine sons there. Later on they will think back and fondly remember the "tough" times with Dad. Those are memories and lessons no one can ever take away from them.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

RedBess
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedBess » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:28 pm

like beestingz says you guys are killing me. located about forty minutes away my tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini and all the rest are so small i have to carefully scan the dirt before walking across the garden. I am taking a chance and planting corn late this year, in another week. The last couple of years the soil was too cold at the beginning of june and it languished.
bust it? you bet I can!
53 w/ sicklebar mower, dirt & snow plows, potato harvester, potato hiller, 3 types of harrows, and a old fashion hayrack all in ellsworth maine

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:42 pm

Ron wrote:
Sounds like you have a couple of fine sons there. Later on they will think back and fondly remember the "tough" times with Dad. Those are memories and lessons no one can ever take away from them.

Thanks Ron,

Yes we have been through some trying times in which we will never forget. At least they had the opportunity to fulfill a vision they had. Hopefully someday we can laugh at some of the trying times we had together, but I’m sure there will be many more ahead.

My goal is to make them understand the importance of hard work, real world life along with a good education. Education, however in my opinion, probably out weighs everything. As you can see reading through my thread I have the lack of.

My oldest son is very smart; in fact his ACT testing scores rates him in the top 10% of the country but, in the common since part, he is the lowest 10%. This is why my wife and I decided to do this venture with our younger sons.

I’ve seen this done in other counties with great success. At least my younger sons know what it takes to make the “wheels go around”.

......Now; on to my oldest son for a crash course. :roll:

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”