This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

front-end loader

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

front-end loader

Postby Kirk » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:59 am

To All,

I'm looking for a front-end loader for my Cub. Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

billy_277
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06470
Tractors Owned: 53 cub
57 230
60 240
Fast hitch
One point york rake
One point grader blade
One point carrier
Snow plow
Grader blade
Cub trailer
Sickle mower
2 point fast hitch
2 point blade
Loader (230)

Postby billy_277 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:23 am

kirk,

i think on mengers website they have a few complete loaders for sale about $2,500.00. good luck.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:16 am

Kirk, I've never owned one myself, but I do know they are fairly expensive when you find one. Also that the cub front end isn't sturdy enough to do much work with one. There have been a lot of damged front castings from picking up loads with the loaders.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:32 pm

Billy and John,

Well, I'm glad I asked on the forum because due to the potential damage it can cause and the cost :shock: , I think I'll pass on the front-end loader.

They sure look neat on the Cub though, don't they?

Thanks for the advice, guys
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:15 pm

I have a Wagner loader for my cub right now I don't have it on, I put it on when I need it but it really gets in the way when doing repairs on the tractor. It works great for pushing out the calf barn and it loads manure real well , but it isn't an excavator, it will move loose dirt etc but it is hard on the tractor. It does look really cool on the tractor, but it seems to take up twice as much room in the barn with the loader on.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:21 pm

welderrx,

Yep, that's what got me interested......the loader just looks really cool on the Cub. And yes, I could use it for light jobs. But from all I've heard, a loader may do some damage to the cub considering what I wanted to use it for. :( And the price is rather cost-prohibited for me, too. So I've decided to just enjoy lookin' at other peoples Cubs w/front-end loaders for now.

Thanks for your reply
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:59 pm

Hi Kirk, My axle extensions have some really ugly scars on them from some welding repairs that were done to them. One thing I will also say is that after driving the tractor with the loader off for the first time it seemed like a sports car, compared to a motorhome with it on. For most of the year we have a 4X4 Kubota with a loader on it to use until it gets moved to my brothers place to do roto tilling and brush hogging, for a few months. I might put it back on for this spring though because my brother want's the Kuboot earlier this year while the calfs will probably still be in the barn and I don't like shoveling. From what I can tell you would do the most damage with the loader on and the bucket full and either getting one of the wheels in a hole or rut or just getting up against something because the front end does look awfully spindly with very little support underneath that loader frame. Tim Ps. they were cultivating tractor originally.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:09 pm

Tim,

Good info. I know if I ever one across one I'll probably get it. The work I'd use it for would be light yard work.

I'm actually going over to a barn this afternoon that is supposed to have a non-running Cub in it along with implements. I'm not sure what I'll find.....or even if there is a Cub there or not. But I'm hoping for some implements.

Thx for your help,
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:09 pm

I have a 65 cub with the IH 1000 loader on it. I have had it for 12 years now with no trouble. It gets used for moving dirt, sand, snow, stone/gravel and even moves the snowplows for the trucks with it. The plows are quite heavy to lift. but if you don't go nuts and know the ability of the machine you can do alot of work with it. :D

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:54 pm

I'm feelin' better about the loader already, Bob. I have a 2 acre yard that I'm constantly working on as I enjoy it. I like to push dirt around and scoop up mulch etc. Sounds like fun to me.

Where would you recommend finding one?

Thanks Bob,
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:47 pm

Kirk, It was by chance I found mine. I was looking a long time for one. The ones that I did find cost about $1800.00 and more back then> I got mine in good shape with a new 54A blade for $1000.00. It was 4 hours away in PA. I don't know where to look idown there. You can look at http://www.wengers.com they have them but alot of $$$. I spread about 30 yards of mulch a year with it. Good luck

Return to “Farmall Cub”