This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

!!! Warning !!! Tractor Scam

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

!!! Warning !!! Tractor Scam

Postby Dennis » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:07 pm

Apparently people are trying to defraud visitors of this site. Please read the following link for more information that will protect you from these criminals:

http://www.waypointbank.com/about_waypo ... _scams.php

As always, use extreme caution when dealing with anyone you do not personally know on the Internet.
Last edited by Dennis on Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:27 pm

I have been getting those nigerian scam e-mails for the last 3 years. Haven`t got any in a couple months now though. I guess they gave up on me. I also had a night-scope advertised on the net and some guy from japan tried to pull a scam on that deal and I just quit answering his e-mail.
Then came Bronson

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:42 pm

This scam has been running for a long time all over the country and its hard to believe they are still operating. I know someone who got caught up in it ( it wasn't me) and it cost his wife thousands. They target all kinds of interest groups not just tractor people. If the deals to good to be true it probably isn't. Safest policy is: In God I trust- all others pay CASH! :D

bawest
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71667
Tractors Owned: 41 JD "H"
71 Cessna 172

scam

Postby bawest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:00 pm

I had an instance last week. I have a firebird advertised for sale. I received an e-mail asking me if I would be willing to meet a contact person who would give me a large check, for me to cash it, and deduct what I'm asking for the car, giving the rest to this contact person. Sounded fishy to me, so I told him the car was gone.

Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Oscar Meier » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:58 pm

One of the bad things about being a small business owner (Not the Hot Dog Comapny) is that you get a boat load of this type of junk all the time.

I've gotten every come along you can think of - this Nigerian deal, a deal for Russian wife, Redrilling old oil wells in Texas, they go on and on.

I guess that addage - "If it sounds to good to be true, it most likely is."

Oscar
48 CUB & 52 Super A

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:14 pm

Having frequented this site for a while, I doubt there is anyone here foolish enough to fall for these schemes, as the saying goes, "you can't cheat an honest man".
1. Always wait for any checks to clear before delivery.
2. If you think you can get something for nothing you are going to learn the hard way that it just ain't so.
The most dangerous scam going around the net these days are the ones coming from what appear to be legitimate companies such as ebay or paypal asking for credit card info or passwords.
These emails appesr to be legitimate, using cut and paste logos and even some links to the real website, and they threaten discontinuation of services if not replied to.
See http://antivirus.about.com/library/scams/blccscams.htm for more information.
Dave

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:47 pm

As we all have gotten this Nigerian scam thing for several years, I was surprised that I heard on some TV show that it is still out there and apparently working to the tune of about $25 million a year from just people in the US alone. So as long as it still works and they haven't been caught, it will remain an issue. Remember what PT Barnum said.
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:38 pm

[Quote: Y.D.]

Remember what PT Barnum said.

Ho-hum, Sure is a wet boring day today.
:x :mrgreen: :x
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:10 pm

JB, I believe the comment was relative to the production rate of lollipops. :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

lollipops.

Postby Dogman » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:20 pm

I am living proof

Return to “Farmall Cub”