This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

COOLSPRING POWER MUSEUM

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

COOLSPRING POWER MUSEUM

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Went to the Coolspring power Museum and show today in Coolspring PA, a little north of Punxatawny PA. We are here for a grand daughters Highschool graduation. Victoria graduated with honors and will attend Pittsburg for chemical engineering in the fall.
The 300 HP Miller gas engine was origionally installed in the Spring Creek compressor plant of the Northern Oil Company near Kane PA in 1913. It was used to belt drive a huge ingersoll-Rand air compressor to operate the old steam engines to pump crude oil from the wells surrounding the plant.
The engine, No. 1326 is a quqd-opposed style in the "H" design. Bore is 17.5 by 22 stroke.It weighs in at 70,000 lbs.
In 1976, the compressor failedand the engine came off line. It ran on natural gas from the wells.
There were many other operating and parts engines.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:55 am

Ya staying in Pa for the round -up?Kevin Big neat engine huh?
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:09 pm

Kevin
As you already figured out I was not able to get there. I was through Roscoe NY on route 206 about a n hour before that storm stalled and dropped 8 inches of rain in 2 hours. It was a nice site. One guy had a number of old cubs and otheer trtactors. I heard that his house and trailers went in the storm. As it was explained to me the storm stalled going over the mountain and dropped all that rain in one spot. The mountain goes up a couple of miles and sort of funnels toward where the houses were damaged.
There was some damage in this same area in June 2006 with a bridge washed out and again in 2005 up hill from tis spot the road was blocked by wash out.
I had to go home by was of route 28 to Kingston and then the throughway
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”