This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Supper A searing arm

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EXPENSIVE HOBBY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Supper A searing arm

Postby EXPENSIVE HOBBY » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi everyone. I have been reading everyones post on the forum for about a year and a half now and it has been a big help for me in restoring a 1950 cub and now a 1949 supper a. This will be my 1st post and i am looking foward to everyones response.
i am wanting to rebuild the stearing box on my supper a due to a consideral amount of play in the stearing but i am haveing a difficult time trying to remove the stearing arm from the stearing shaft. Any opinions on this matter will be greatly appriciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm not famaliar ( others that are will chime in soon though) but assume that it is a keyed taper shaft. The blue tip and a puller will likely be the answer.

Farmall560
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Farmall560 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:20 am

You need a proper size puller for the pitman arm. When I recently rebuilt my 100(same as the SA) I improvised. I used a ball joint pickle fork that can be had from any auto parts supplier. It needs to be about 2" wide to clear the sector. The only damage that may occur is the sector shaft seal. I slightly nicked mine, but since I use axle grease for steering gear lube, I wasn't to concerned.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”