This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

False Advertizing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

False Advertizing

Postby WKPoor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:24 am

Well now the race is on. Guys are going to try and cash in right and left on those converters. However this one (Item number: 2597931898) ain't no 3-1 as he says. I have one that looks just like it and its 2-1. And another thing, the sales pitch says to use on a post hole digger. NOT- Cub doesn't have the power or lift ability to run a digger. My 2N is marginal at best with a digger and its twice the power.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:02 am

I took a look at the auction. The seller has made some revisions to the auction. In any event, those adapters/reversers are very rare. I have seen them fetch $250.00 + :!: :shock:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:21 am

I agree that a cub couldn't run a very big posthole digger, and probably not run one at all in my part of the country, but their were post hole diggers (non IH) available for the cub.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:19 am

Cub-Bud wrote:I took a look at the auction. The seller has made some revisions to the auction. In any event, those adapters/reversers are very rare. I have seen them fetch $250.00 + :!: :shock:

Larry,

I showed the URL in another post of the unit that sold last week. This one really does convert to 540 RPM, but it was a LOT more than $250! The ad should still be available. Item # 2595040187

It sold for $808.54 :!: :!: :!:

W.K. is right... this may stir up the market. I'd even consider selling mine for $800, and it doesn't have a broken gear tooth like the eBay one.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:15 pm

The seller was notified by me that his unit was not 3-1 but in fact 2-1. He acknowledged and changed his add.

Return to “Farmall Cub”