This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

We're lucky

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

We're lucky

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:08 pm

While I have been off work the last few months on sick leave, I have been browsing some of the other forums on the web for tractors and gadening, and I have realized how lucky we are here, both in the way Dennis provides and manages this site, and in the people posting here. On other sites, I've seen bickering, arguing, slamming other people and their equipment, and people being banned for disagreeing with a moderators opinion. I haven't seen any of that here, some ocasional good natured kidding, but no problems. I believe we have the best site and users on the web!!!! Image
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:49 pm

John:, Thats why this is my favorite web-site besides the fact that it is necessary for us Cub owners.

I got a warning from GardenWeb just because I happened to leave an innocent reply to a post in a thread that got pulled (politics) and a bunch of others got banned from that site.
Then came Bronson

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:17 pm

This is the only forum I frequent and post to. :wink: I have had the honor and pleasure of meeting several members of this site and wish I could meet more. This is truly a "top notch" site with the same type of people. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:57 pm

John, very true!!! The people here all behave as ladies and gentlemen! The way one would expect adults to behave in public, and in my opinion we are in public, just because we have the anonymity of a computer screen is no reason for people to act like children! I think I know one of the forums you're talking about, and I'm rather disappointed in the people responsible!!
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Basketcase
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Basketcase » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:16 am

First let me say, I totally with all you guys. I am new to this Cub restoration and have already received a ton of off help and valuable information. I wake up every morning reading the post from the day before. I hope I will get the chance to meet at least some of you someday. The best part is when I ask a dumb question I don't get a sarcastic answer. I am not a machanic or a painter and I am new to this thing called a computer, so thanks for being gentle. Mike

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:34 pm

I was impressed when I first logged on here (last August) that this site is one of the most "gentlemanly" of any I've ever used, and I've used a lot. I think a lot of this may have to do with the relatively small size of the group, and I'm hoping that more users doesn't finally result in nastiness. If it does, I have the solution: IGNORE. That'll get rid of 'em quicker than anything.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Alabamacub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Alabamacub » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:05 pm

I have had my computer in the shop for 3 weeks. My wife was making fun of me for not being able to go to my cub sights. This is the first day back and it sure is good entertainment. I don't always post but I read it daily.

Robert
Alabamacub

OldSalt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby OldSalt » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:24 am

Howdy folks....just registered on this site and hope to make new friends and learn what I can about these neat little tractors. :D
"Attitude is everything"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:28 am

Oldsalt, welcome aboard. If you have eny questions don't hesitate to ask. You'll get a lot of replys. Some of them may even be right! :D
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:46 am

Old Salt:

DITTO to what John said. And he was right, lots of good info, good people and tons of knowledge on what makes our toys tick! :lol:

This is probably the best board on the net when it comes to mutual respect and a desire to help each other. No other board can match it :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:37 pm

Oldsalt, welcome!! I'll warn you now, my replies will be the ones with the mistakes, disreguard what I say!!! :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farmall Cub”