This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New IH addition

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

New IH addition

Postby Paul_NJ » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:09 am

Not being one to allow too many unfinished projects to deter me from beginning another, I found this 240 Utility loader (1961) at a really good price and bought it. Needs rear tires, and power steering needs work. Loader hydraulics work well . . . I believe it's a Wagner loader. My plan is to make it a user tractor while the other project tractor is being finished. But thought I'd strip and paint a part now and then . . . what"s the harm?

It appears as if it"s yellow paint was applied over an original Farmall red base at some time in it's lifetime. Does anyone know the IH color code for the "International Yellow", if that"s what it"s called? Thought it would look nice with 901 trim. I'd appreciate hearing any experience with one of these.

51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:20 am

Probably 483 Federal Yellow. At least that is what was used on the Cub Cadets and they were part of the Industrial Division/Line at that time. The 483 was used on them from the first ones (1960) until Apr 1970. 483B was used from Apr 70 to Aug 74 but to my knowledge no one mixes it, and there is supposedly very little, if any, difference in the shade. In 74 they went back to the 483 yellow. The changes were done at a specific serial number. You can get IH Federal Yellow from Case IH.

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:13 pm

that looks to be a syms cab , looks alot like the on efor the cub 8)
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:52 pm

Paul:

Thanks for the Paint Chart update info. Incorporated, will be reflected on next upload to that part of the server.

Interesting paint info on the Cub Cadets and Industrials. :D :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:18 am

Paul B

Thanks for the information! Here is a photo someone posted on this site a couple of months back, from a tractor show, which illustrates the yellow I'm trying to identify. I assume this would be the same shade of yellow that was used on the Cub Cadets (which you identified as IH 483)? Perhaps a Cub Cadet person could confirm that. Thanks.

Paul S

51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”