This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It's here........

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Big O
10+ Years
10+ Years

It's here........

Postby Big O » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:10 pm

Howdy, well I finally got my Cub home yesterday. I have talked about it several times and bugged a few of you about certain things. I wasn't sure of the year ('49), here is what I found:the tag..it has been painted over but I can make out the numbers 97744 and below it the # 1800. I checked the casting number below carb. ( everything I read said the # was to the rt. of carb. ) this casting # is : . 12 . 7 . S. The grille has a small diamond pattern. I have looked at this very thorough and if it is not factory then the fabricator is the best I have ever seen, nothing else has been touched. I cannot find any rust or dents or evidence of repair. I need to find a photo of how this looked new from factory. I have seen many different paint variations ie: solid red wheels frt and rear, silver rims with red centers front and rear, red / silver rear with solid red front etc. I have seen the light buckets black or red. Is alot of the paint up to the owner's liking? I also read that factory had several paint variations.Is the fiberglass seat original?
I like original but: I think the red/silver wheel combo. looks good , I also like the black light buckets with silver brackets. I think the grille looks good the same silver as the wheels.
I hope I can do this project as well as some of your's that I have seen.
I have taken a photo as it sits on my trailer, if I can figure out how to post it I will. Thanks to ALL I have talked to and will again.
I purchased a '49 Cub , I need lots of info. and manuals. Owen orjb@texasisp.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:16 pm

Congrats on your new acquisition. As far as paint is concerned, I happen to subscribe to the "whatever you like best" theory. My front wheels have silver around the edges, cause that's the way I like 'em--I'm sure they never came from the factory that way, though. My plow certainly was never yellow until I painted it that way...

Enjoy! :D
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Big O
10+ Years
10+ Years

" THEORY "

Postby Big O » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:31 pm

Jeff M , I like your "theory" . The plow does look good yellow !
I purchased a '49 Cub , I need lots of info. and manuals. Owen orjb@texasisp.com

tobaccofarmer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub paint

Postby tobaccofarmer » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:37 pm

I recommend the book Farmall Cub and Cub cadet written by Ken Updike there are plenty of original photos that can help in color? Also I agree with do whatever I mean you have to live with it so always doing exactly what it was from the factory may not always be the right way for eveyone! just my 2 cents

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:14 pm

The cast in date code on the block is below the carburetor. The engine number is to the right of the carburetor. Exact location is illustrated in the ATIS Cub FAQ.

The fiberglass seat is a replacement.

Return to “Farmall Cub”