This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic bypass blocks

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic bypass blocks

Postby Chris Jones » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:31 am

I know awhile back several of you were purchasing hydraulic bypass blocks. Have any of you done anything with them yet?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:13 pm

I bought one of WK's blocks he was selling, but haven't used it yet. Still admiring the beauty of the thing before I install it. :D My cub has the underslung exchaust and that is going to have to be moved over a bit where it passes the hydraulics. :? I would be interested in knowing how anyone solves the exchaust pipe problem.
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:33 pm

Dan,

It's going to be a tight fit. Loosen the clamp at the elbow on the exhaust manifold and the muffler bracket under the axle. You'll get enough play to move the pipe away from the hydraulic manifold for working room. I put a wooden wedge between the pipe and hydraulic manifold, then tightened up the exhaust. I ended up with about 1/2" clearance between the exhaust pipe and the hydraulic manifold.

LC

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:06 pm

When I put mine on with the 1000 loader it came with a offset bracket. It would go where the tail pipe mounts to the trans. The bracket moves the pipe out and down so it give room.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:53 pm

Bob,

You're right, the muffler offset bracket definatelyadds room between the exhaust pipe and hydraulic manifold. The primary purpose for that bracket is to allow the muffler to clear the loader frame back under there, but most anyone could easily fabricate one. If the elbow at the exhaust manifold is getting thin and weak, you'll end up with an exhaust leak there after you reposition the pipe.

LC

Return to “Farmall Cub”