This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What size battery?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BillB
10+ Years
10+ Years

What size battery?

Postby BillB » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:00 pm

I have been reading the posts on this forum for about 8 months now, and I really enjoy the interesting topics discussed here.I live on eastern Ontario, Canada and it is finally warm enough to enjoy the great outdoors again (+6 C) . I played around with our 48 Cub for about 2 hours today and couldn't be happier. I need to buy a 6 volt battery for the tractor and I was wondering if anybody would know what size (category) battery is used for the cub that fits the original battery box ;as the old one was to big and was held in place with bungee cords.

Thanks in advance
Bill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:31 pm

Welocme BillB,

I believe the battery is a "Type 1" just ask for that style at the local parts store.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:39 pm

Bill:

Welcome to the board :!: Nice to see another Canuck chime in too!

Go to Canadian Tire - ask for a group 1 6-Volt battery. They usually are in stock. I can go down to the shop in a bit and get the part number, it will make it easier...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

BillB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BillB » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:54 pm

Donny/Rudi,

Thanks for the help! You have probably saved me several trips to Canadian Tire returning batteries that didn't fit.When you ask an 16 year old student for a replacement battery for a 56 year old tractor they kind of look at you differently.
Rudi, I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for the exellent website you provide.I don't generally post that much on this forum because there are so many knowledgeable people,I feel a bit overwhelmed.Once again, Thanks

Bill

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:12 pm

Bill:

No problem, glad to help. Thanks for the kind words, it helps too :!: :D Don't feel too overwhelmed, it gets easier. The guys here are really great, and they always will help whenever you need it. Just ask away! I am still a relative newbie and will be for a long time, jump in - it is the best way....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:19 pm

Hey BillB- I have to laugh when I read you guys up north quoting things in metric. I know and understand the system just can't relate to it.

BillB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BillB » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:19 pm

Bill,

Sorry about the reference to the metric system. I still find myself converting kilograms to lbs.and millimeters to fractions of an inch on a daily basis at work.I use the metric system and I sometimes can't relate.

regards,
Bill

Return to “Farmall Cub”