This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Message Board Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Message Board Question

Postby Daniel H. » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:18 pm

Does anyone know why some posts are too wide to fit on the screen? I am able to read most posts without scrolling to the right but a few are just too wide. This happens at home and at work. THe "touch control overhaul" post is an example of one I'm having trouble with. Thanks.
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:38 pm

Daniel,

It's the size of the images posted that does it. If the size is larger than about 640 x 480, the screen automatically stretches to fit the image and takes the text with it. An oversized avatar will also force the margins over the edge. When you move to a thread that doesn't have an oversized photo, the text reverts to normal. We'll all have to work on that one! :lol: :lol:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:51 pm

One of the moderators can take the wide Hydraulic picture post off now DaveM as seen it now. I would have put a link to it but could not make the right picture show. Maybe a link to Rudi's site should be at the top of the board. There is where folks should look first with questions
Young man for work, old man for advice

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby Daniel H. » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Thanks for the info. Just wondered if I had a setting wrong somewhere.
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:15 pm

http://www.hitmill.com/html/screen.html
I have my screen resolution set at 1024x768 because I have a 21 inch screen which means when I preview it don't make you need to scroll. But others may with 640x480 or 800x600. XP Power Toys has a utility I can use to reduce any picture stored on my hard drive to any resolution but I get into trouble when posting a image from someone else's site. And downloading there picture and reducing and then uploading to my webspace makes me decide to just skip it all.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Return to “Farmall Cub”