Don't Need Anything, Just Unloading.

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Don't Need Anything, Just Unloading.

Postby Merlin » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:59 pm

It was such a pretty day today that I decided to finish my friends 2 Cubs. Just had a little to do. The last time I used my Super A it wasn't running right so when I finished his, I thought I would look at it. It wouldn't start for love or money. The last tune up didn't have over about 12 to 15 hours of running time. It was getting fire to the points, but not to the plugs. Changed the cap, no luck. Changed the rotor, no luck. Changed the coil, no luck. Changed the points, no luck. Changed the condenser. I was holding the plug wire to the spark plug to see if it was getting fire when I hit the starter. It started in what seemed like 1/2 turn with me holding the cockeyed plug wire. Ouch, that smarts when you're not expecting it. By that time I was played out so I am going to leave it untuned up with the old parts for a while. That should teach it a lesson.
Merlin
CubPro Emeritus

eBay ID: merlin582

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:24 pm

Merlin, sounds like you were using a digital voltmeter with an audio readout. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Return to Farmall Cub