This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super C Steering Clamp Needed

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
The Bachelor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Super C Steering Clamp Needed

Postby The Bachelor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:31 am

Well, its a long story, but I was replacing the ujoints on the steering column, when I hammered wrong and the outside part of the steering clamp broke at the grease fitting. So I welded it up and it worked for mowing 5 acres of hay, but I don't trust my welding. Besides, I don't think having the foot of a c-clamp welded to the steering clamp is historically accurate.

Anyone know where I can get one of these monsters?

Thanks,

Brad
Brad Bachelor

"Loving an old bachelor is always a no-win situation, and you come to terms with that early on, or you go away.”
-- Jean Harris

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:37 am

foot of a c-clamp welded to the steering clamp

Hey, sometimes you got to do what ever it takes to make it work.
I'd suggest JP Tractor Salvage http://www.jptractorsalvage.com/ If anyone is going to have one, I'd bet on them.
Mike Duncan

The Bachelor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby The Bachelor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:59 am

Into Tractors wrote:
foot of a c-clamp welded to the steering clamp

Hey, sometimes you got to do what ever it takes to make it work.
I'd suggest JP Tractor Salvage http://www.jptractorsalvage.com/ If anyone is going to have one, I'd bet on them.

Thanks, I'll give them a call today.

Yep, shortly after I welded that foot to the piece, I declared it a "Strengthening gusset" :)
Brad Bachelor

"Loving an old bachelor is always a no-win situation, and you come to terms with that early on, or you go away.”

-- Jean Harris

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”