This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Loboy final drives

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Loboy final drives

Postby EZ » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:33 pm

Looking at the final drives, I can see the filler plug, but looks to me like the only way to drain is by removing the pans.

This little tractor is almost down to nuthin'. With the rear wheels off now I will be able to really get at cleaning things up. The drawbar is off as well but it looks like the mounting holes really took a beating a couple are broke and a couple will need to be retapped. What is the best method, if any, to repair these cast holes that mount the drawbar?

Also had to buy a puller to remove the brake pedal next to the clutch pedal. Applied some heat and a 2 jaw puller freed it up. This action enabled me to remove the foot rest. Hope I don't forget how it all goes back together :lol:
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Michael Az
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Michael Az » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:30 pm

EZ, you are right about the final drive pans, there isn't a drain and the pan has to be removed. When they are off, check the bolt holes in the pan for any bending. When the bolts are overtightened. the pan will pull in. The broken castings are a little tough to suggest a repair. Maybe the easiest way would be to replace the castings. If you have a friend that is a great welder, he could build up the missing material. When you replace the brake petal, be sure to coat the shaft with antiseize compound to help with the rusting.
Michael

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:01 pm

Thanks Michael,

The pans look mint, I don't think they were ever removed before, the fluid looks brand new, even after setting 20 years. Upon closer inspection, the drawbar holes are not too bad, only one is missing a bit of metal off one side but a new bolt seems to snug up nice. I'll have to retap another, if worse case, I can always use the 3rd. hole by welding an extra piece to the mount bracket. And Oh yeah, I got a big jug of Loctite grey anti-sieze. That's just good stuff.
Just Do It !

Return to “Farmall Cub”