This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

For sale/ wanted forum

FarmallCub.Com forum rules, suggestions, feedback & information.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

For sale/ wanted forum

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:06 am

It is getting had to have a listing long enough for people to see as magnumpi make so many posts it gets buried maybe if he would combine them. And I may be out of line stating this. But It is a problem.
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: For sale/ wanted forum

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:38 am

David Bennett wrote:It is getting had to have a listing long enough for people to see as magnumpi make so many posts it gets buried maybe if he would combine them. And I may be out of line stating this. But It is a problem.
David

David,

I, for one, appreciate what Magnumpi does. He does not control how long a listing is posted, that is governed by others according to forum policies. Everyone is treated the same as to length of the listing.

If a seller wants to bring his/her listing to the top, simply make a post to the listing and "poof" it is back at the top. Simply good marketing. My experience has been that serious inquiries occurr within 1 or 2 days so the issue of being "buried" is essentially moot.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:12 am

As Bill mentioned, I along with others have benifited from other folks posting items for sale that I wasn't aware of, and on occasion I post similar things I see on eBay and other places.

All items are automatically deleted after a certain time period has gone by. If a person chooses to make another entry/reply it brings it back to the top as well as you already did.

That is another good reason all of us are able to either "Watch" the item for replies and get automatic email responses, or you can choose "Not" to get those replies.

I'm guessing there are others out there too, that find some post's not important to them, and choose to not read them. I do, not that I don't think they are non-deserving, but it doesn't interest me or I have nothing to offer on the subject. We all have our own area's of interest.

I have had items listed before and never got a response, simply because no one was interested in the item. Just ask Ralph and a few others that post items quite frequently, it really depends on "If" someone has the item, or "If" they are needing the item.
Last edited by Into Tractors on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Duncan

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:20 am

I like to see these, too. Saves me the time of searching around for Cub stuff. I have posted items from our local Trader before. I had an idea that if we had a link to eBay that would bring up a Cub-related search, I'd basically never have to go anywhere on the 'net but here!!

Trent
Trent McPeak

Gil
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gil » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:52 am

I've only known of these forums for a little over a week, but I also agree that Magnumpi provides a great service. Maybe it's just because I'm such a newbee, but I have no problem scrolling down to look beyond the top of the list.
I suppose though, if a compromise was necessary, perhaps you could simply give Magnumpi his own forum.
It might save some wear and tear on the mouse pads too.

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Count me in the ranks of those that enjoy and appreciate Craig's posts. The forum is for all to use and all to enjoy. Like Mike, some posts I don't look at, some I do.

Then as Bill said, it is easy to move a post back to the top, so I don't see as we have much of a problem here! Just my $.02 cents worth. Pete

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316

Postby TexCub » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:47 pm

Another thought:

Could there be a "cub" page, a "parts" page, an "implement" page, and so on under the for sale/wanted page?

I'd never see the tractors Craig posts about, I know he's scouring all the various sites with cubs for sale, so I just look here for what he found. There are a lot of items in the for sale/wanted forum, but I think that's a good problem to have!!!!

Dave
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks Guys !!

Postby magnumpi » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:01 pm

I greatly appreciate the words of support. My motivation is simple: the more Cubs owned by members of this site, the more parts will be purchased from site sponsors, the more folks will be added to this site !!! All this equates to the hobby growing. If a site sponsor is threatened by this, maybe he/she should take a basic sales and marketing course - nothing sells itself !! The days of sitting back with your feet up and waiting for the phone to ring are long past. In a perverse way, I'd hope I'm expanding the customer base for the site sponsors. It's also a way for all site members to see pricing trends, perhaps uncover a bargain close to home, or provide a service for those who have less time on their hands than I. If someone can convince me this is not a win-win-win, I'd be happy to curtail my efforts. It's not as if I make anything off this strategy, it's a way a guy with little tractor experience can participate and hopefully make a contribution. Craig

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: J7Z1B7

Postby trac48 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:34 pm

I just wished we had a P.I for cub cadet :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Thanks Guys !!

Postby Rudi » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:24 pm

All:

I personally do think that what Craig is doing is valuable, and he does it simply because he likes to. I always have supported it, and actually was one who sort of encouraged him to do that. And that is good enough for me. Sometimes, I do think that maybe some can be combined.. I do this when responding to someone looking for a Cub or whatever and I search eBay in my spare time :roll: :shock: :wink: :idea: :?: I have spare time :?: :?: :?: Mostly to keep the topic count a tad bit more manageable for viewers, but that is debateable.. and not all that important I believe.

I once thought that maybe it should be toned down a bit, BUT and I repeat BUT... Craig not only was able to validate what he does, why he does and the push behind it.. (I am apologizing Craig.. ), BUT again, after some serious reconsideration, and noticing that Craig has helped a number of members on the forum, it became quite clear that what he does, he does for good and honest reasons. He should be applauded for that.

So.. with that said, I encourage him to continue to do what he does best. Help poeple :!: :D

However.. :( :( :shock: :? :(

magnumpi wrote: If a site sponsor is threatened by this, maybe he/she should take a basic sales and marketing course - nothing sells itself !! The days of sitting back with your feet up and waiting for the phone to ring are long past. Craig

That particular kind of comment is not required, is not acceptable and should not be aired. Sponsor's to my knowledge have not been upset by this and to indicate that this sentiment is not acceptable. Remember, respect and civility is a two way street.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:56 pm

Ok, so instead of just a comment, I was over on the For Sale/Wanted Forum and noticed something.. started thinking and then decided, instead of commenting, I would post what I think can be done..

To actually bring Craigs posts a little more prominence.. sometimes less is much much better.. ok.. here is an example.. 1 post... 4 Cubs etc.... and everybody can be happy :!:

Topic Subject: For Sale Items off Forum for Saturday August 4th 2007.

1. Ohio Cubbers !! CHECK THIS OUT !!

1952 INTERNATIONAL CUB

$1000 with a box of spare parts !! Seems like a nice package !!

2. Mislabled '48 Cub in IL !!

1948 INTERNATIONAL CUB LO-BOY

Might be a nice way to buy one on the cheap as they've put it in the Lo-Boy catagory so it may get somewhat overlooked in a quick search. Good luck.
  3. '51 Cub in MI !! Nice Implement Package !!

1951 INTERNATIONAL CUB

4. '52 Cub in CT !!
    1952 cub in good condition.New front and rear tires.Comes with tire chains.Coverted to 12 volt.Lights work.$1850 or best offer.
    Price: $1850.00

Category: Tractors
    Ad Number: 182627
    Date Posted: 08/03/2007
    Franklin, CT 06254
    USA
    Telephone: 860-889-8032
    E-Mail Click Here to Email

Craig
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: J7Z1B7

Postby trac48 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:20 pm

Rudi,
You sould be The P I for canada :lol: :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Rudi wrote:Ok, so instead of just a comment, I was over on the For Sale/Wanted Forum and noticed something.. started thinking and then decided, instead of commenting, I would post what I think can be done..

Good, except the oversize photos need to be left out or done as URLs.

Return to “Forum Rules, Suggestions, Feedback & Information”