This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 pt hitch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jerry Caton
10+ Years
10+ Years

3 pt hitch

Postby Jerry Caton » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:32 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and new to Cub's as well. I just got a 1962 the other day, and I'm looking into a hitch for it. I saw a post here from a few months ago about some specs/dimensions for a 3 pt . Do they exist yet ? If so how can i find them ?

By the way, this cub is in very good shape, nice tight little tractor that could be cleaned up a little, but came with a front grader blade. Works quite well on my driveway.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:40 pm

Welcome Jerry,

Good to see some more Maryland folk showing up here! Don't have any experience with 3 pt on a Cub, but others here do. Here's a company that makes a kit for the Cub and LoBoy.

http://www.worksaver.com/product/hkit3pt.html

Don't be a stranger,

Lurker Carl

Jerry Caton
10+ Years
10+ Years

3 pt hitch

Postby Jerry Caton » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:46 pm

Carl,
Thanks for the welcome, from what i've seen here this is a good forum , LOTS of info on cub's and some good links as well.

I already checked with worksaver, they have two 3 pt kits available, but they are $630 and $650 PLUS freight ! a bit too pricey for my taste. I can probably get one made nearby for about half that. (i hope)

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:48 pm

Jerry. Welcome to the board. Fast hitches were being discussed here on the board recently. Maybe you could do a search for that.

If you have a regular cub and not a lowboy, and a cub 54A blade, that could also be mounted under the belly like a grader. For stone driveways, you would have much better control over the leveling and smoothness.
Ron

rocketman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rocketman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:15 pm

I too was looking for a 3 point. I looked at Worksaver but thought it was too costly. I had mine made by a local guy. Works great!. It's set up for a Category 1 hitch. I have since replaced the top bent turnbuckle with a chain attached with bolts at each end. I still need to give specs to Rudi so he can post it on his site (one of these days). As you can see it's just bolted to the drawbar. The 5 foot landscape rake is from Worksaver. Let me know if you need the details.

Return to “Farmall Cub”