This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I need help with painting my white demo cub.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Fred's White Demo
10+ Years
10+ Years

I need help with painting my white demo cub.

Postby Fred's White Demo » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:07 pm

I have a 1950 white demonstrator Cub. I am looking for information on the paint scheme. What is painted white? What is painted red? What is painted black. Are the rear wheel rims silver?
The tractor was painted red when is was sold new but now it has a lot of white coming through. I would like to paint it back to its original color.
Any help would be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:46 pm

Welcome aboard Fred. There are pictures posted on our Home Page that you will be able to view. I'm sure Mr. Willer will post here to give you some insight on his "White Cub". It's a beauty. What is her Serial No.?
Ron

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:21 pm

What is white and what is red is a big debate. I know of only one color photo of an original White demo Cub and have yet to see anyone restore one as it looks in the picture.
I will tell you this for sure ..... the starter, generator and lights were not black. :-)

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:23 pm

Mike is right about the starter, etc. Red or white tractors, they never were black originally. Some of us just prefer them that way.

Everything should be white but those things that were bolted on after the tractor was painted. The lights should be red, but their brackets are white.

Wheels, seat, steering wheel, magneto/wires, shifter knob, and muffler would not be white. There should be no black paint at all.

Don't forget the little red spot under the logo on the decals.

Here's an original...

And another view...

Only one of these is mine... this is 100182 and 100186

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Fred's White Demo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Painting white demo information is very helpful

Postby Fred's White Demo » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:07 pm

The information and pictures to help me paint the Cub white demo are just what I needed. Thank you all very much. Owning a Cub is a new experience for me. I can understand now how the IH people met their challenge to have white demonstrator tractors, but the picture with the black starter is very showy and it adds a lot to the overall appearance. I like that very much. I found the information "Decals for Demonstrator Cub" and have made a note of it.
The serial number is 100290. I am the third owner. The original owner had a hardware store and a small farm. The second owner was the shop manager at the local IH dealership that serviced the Cub. He paid $250 for it in 1992. It came with a plow, a side-mounted sickle mower and the manuals.
Again, I really appreciate your help
Fred

Return to “Farmall Cub”