Titan Tires

Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:06 pm

Well guys, after having a nice set of front wheels sandblasted, primed and nicely painted, I dropped them off at my local tractor shop to have a pair of Goodyear tires put on them. When I went back a week later, they had Titan tires mounted on them and the owner of the shop said that Goodyear doesn't make the 4.00-12 Implement Rib Tread tires I wanted anymore. He also said that while Firestone does make the tire, they are out of stock with no idea when they might have them.

So, I thought I would ask, does anyone have an opinion about the quality of Titan tires? While I wanted to restore my 1949 cub to original condition with the Goodyear tires, it is looking like I will have to settle for Titan tires. Any thoughts you may have on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:41 pm

The Titan Trutrac is a good quality tire. I have sold a few sets over the years with no factory defect problems. The tread design is a f-2, and should be almost identical to the Goodyear or Firestone f-2 in appearance. I am a tire dealer and the Goodyears (and most other major brands) have been out of production for a few years, due to demand. Maybe Goodyear will someday license someone to produce old tractor tires like the ones for antique cars. I haven't seen any offered by any distributors in our region.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:27 am

Hello Tom

Have you ever heard of Armstrong tires :?: If so, then you will need to know that is basically what you have on your cub. Armstrong was aquired by Titan Wheel not to long ago. Armstrong/Titan farm tires are very comman in this part of the country. I have two Armstrong R-1 tires on the back of my '55 Loboy. I don't think you will be disapointed. :wink: