This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Timing Pointer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Timing Pointer

Postby Bill V in Md » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:15 pm

I located a used front engine timing cover (48 Cub) to replace my old one that has a broken/welded bracket for the radiator fan. However, the replacement cover is missing the timing pointer. How hard will it be to remove the one on my old cover and press it into the replacement cover? Bill V.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:57 pm

They are just pressed in, though sometimes pretty tight. I had to remove the one on the 49 cub that Cub-bud is refurbishing for me to get my bearing seperator on the pulley to remove it. I just put a big pair of vice grips on it and twisted it back and forth while pulling out. Took a little effort, but came right out. Bud and Russ are going to have to worry aobut reinstalling it. :P
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:59 pm

I broke one off last year,(using John method) with the timing cover off and supported it drove Right out from the backside ,go slow and good luck

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:43 pm

"Bud and Russ are going to have to worry aobut reinstalling it".

They go back in easier than they come out, you just have to remember to put it in BEFORE installing the crank pulley. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:55 am

Hea Dogman; Did you get that one I sent you last year? Never did here" Jack'

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:57 am

Yes I did Jack and thank you very much I though I replied on the the broad, but I have CRS (can't remember S#%*)
so i probably spaced it in my enthusiasm to get back to gather. it ran for about 2 week and started knocking so I had to tear it down to rebuilt it
Thank again cause i really enjoy this tractor
you are a gentleman and a scholar

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:16 pm

:roll: Dogman, You mayhave and my Oldtimers may have kicked in "Jack" :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”