This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Nuther decal question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Nuther decal question

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:06 pm

Should the decals for a 49 say "McCormick Deering Farmall Cub"? What about for a 48?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:18 pm

John, the break from McCormick Deering vs McCormick decals came sometime in mid to late 49. I think Jim Becker knows what the serial number break was.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:50 pm

What Bigdog said pretty well covers anything I know. Guy Fay's Letter Series book gives a July date for the change. The catch is that I believe that was the DECISION date. It would have gotten to the tractors some time later, probably only after using up an existing stock of decals. I'm inclined to think most '49 models had the earlier decal. The '48 models would have, of course, had the McCormick-Deering decal.

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

48/49 Decals

Postby Kirk » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:48 am

John,

Though I can't answer the decal question, maybe I can help narrow the timing down as I have both a '48 and a '49. Both wear their original decals which are "McCormick Farmall Cub".

Serial #'s are:
1948: # 43581
1949: # 98825
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:09 pm

This decal question arose out of a PM I sent John concerning the decal set he sent with the tractor I am putting back together for him. His tractor is a '48 model and he sent the set that reads "MCCORMICK DEERING FARMALL CUB" on the hood decals. The decals that are on it now read "MCCORMICK FARMALL CUB" and are too new to be original. My dad recently purchased a '48 cub (SN 50246) and it, too, is wearing it's original decals which faintly read "MCCORMICK FARMALL CUB". I wonder which is correct :roll: :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:46 pm

CB,

Either one would look good, but the original said McCormick Deering. Most likely his '49 did too. Only the latest '49's dropped the "Deering". Some of my early ones have the wrong decals. I don't worry about it. As long as they have decals, they don't look too nekkid. :lol: The decals without "Deering" are a lot easier to find.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:37 pm

Thanks George. I will use the set that reads "MCCORMICK FARMALL CUB" on Dad's cub since it is more readily available. 8)

I have noticed when looking at the pictures in Ken's book that the cubs pictured with hood decals, other than the early "circle cubs", use the "MCCORMICK FARMALL CUB" decals. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:11 am

:?: I have A set in my hand right now and it is suppose to be for a circle Cub. It just says McCormick, and under it is Farmall in biggerr letters. And of course there is a sepert Circle cub decall.?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:03 pm

Jack Donovan wrote::?: I have A set in my hand right now and it is suppose to be for a circle Cub. It just says McCormick, and under it is Farmall in biggerr letters. And of course there is a sepert Circle cub decall.?

That decal set was produced by someone that either didn't know or didn't care, a situation that is quite common with aftermarket decals for IH equpment.

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:14 pm

Thanks Jim, I was hesitent of using them. "Jack"

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:20 pm

:lol:

Well, I have a decal set that I bought a few months back for my 48 that reads "McCormick Deering Farmall Cub" and when its time to apply the decals thats the ones that is going on it Right or Wrong.
:wink:
Then came Bronson

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:38 pm

Hey Johnbron

Where did you get the decal set :?:

Greg Norman

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:30 pm

Bud:, I had to look through my paper work and I got them on eBay over a year ago. I just counted the decals and there are 10 in the set. I dont know how good they are or will be but I paid $23.39 total with s & h.
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”