This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sunday dinner!

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Sunday dinner!

Postby Trent M » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:03 pm

Had Sunday dinner at my Grandma's house. Baked chicken, fried potatoes w/ okra, canteloupe, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, sweet corn, and for desert ... watermelon. I grew it all in the garden except for the potatoes and chicken! I love eating at this time of year. All the fresh garden fruits and veggies! Yum yum!!
Trent McPeak

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:14 pm

Trent:
We all would have showed up to help. EAT
Sounds great . Nice to be with family.
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Trent:

We just got home from Sunday dinner as well. My son-in-law to be?? with Mandy and his family took Em and I along with Bri, out on the boat.. fished lobster all afternoon.. then sat down on the boat to an old fashioned seaborne lobster boil (steam actually)... fresh steamed lobster and a cold Warsteiner... wonderful.. having it with family and friends.. priceless :!: :wink: :D :D 8) :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Rats I had grilled cheese and cream of mushroom soup.Kevin :evil: :evil:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:00 pm

Trent, I rarely see okra in Colorado, fried potatoes and okra sounds great.

Rudi, Whenever I hit the east coast, my goal is at least one lobster meal a day.

Kevin, Doesn't your girl friend cook?

Bob

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Sunday dinner for us was burgers and hotdogs with cold drinks, but my family spent the afternoon with several other families on a Knights of Columbus family picnic. Activities included fishing, canoeing, skeet shooting, and playing a game called HoleyBoard (sort of like horsehoes but with 4 inch diameter washers and wooden platforms with holes in it) on a hunting preserve owned by one of the members. It was great watching the little ones having fun and spending the afternoon with friends. Then came dessert - had to go home and get seat time on the Cub cutting 3 acres of grass. It was a good day. :)

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316

Postby TexCub » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Sunday dinner for me was McDonald's on the way to an appointment with a client about to finalize a deal on a swimming pool (and they usually ain't the kinds of pools any of us would budget for)! I typically don't work on the weekends but if we're close (geographically AND close to putting ink on paper) then I will.

We met at their farm and when I drove up lo and behold there was a Super A parked under the shade tree out front!! Only the second Super A I've been up and close to and we had a good talk about it. It was her Grandad's, still in real good shape, and had a belly mower on it. Only other one I've seen was Dan England's and the rain that day kept us from visiting about it more.

You should have the seen the smile on my face when I drove up and saw that SA!! Nothing like dreaming of buying another tractor to motivate you to work a little harder. Even if it has to be on a Sunday... :?

Dave
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”