This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FLOODED

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

FLOODED

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:53 am

Well we got flooded out of work today,a foot and a half in th shop.Sent service and parts home .More rain coming,as i looked at the radar on the weather channel!!!Had a hard time getting home lots of flooded streets.I was in my P/U truck but I know better than to take a chance to save 5 mins.Dry as tou know what this spring and wetter than a rain forest now.Hey Guys in Portland Ya having fun yet?????? Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Hengy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:23 am

Kevin...

My heart goes out to you. This is the same system that came through Western WI, Eastern MN, and IA this past weekend.

I hope that everyone stays safe!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:08 pm

Kevin, I guess it's time to outfit the Cub with pontoons and a paddlewheel off the PTO. Shouldn't take more than a day or two.....

Bob

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:52 pm

And it's headed east. Got rain most of the day Sunday in PA. I hope some of that rain veers south into Maryland, we need it bad. But not all at once - no floods, please.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Still hot and DRY here :shock: I got some extended seat time this weekend. Cut the 6 acres on the hill and was covered in red dust :evil: Good thing I had my mask. The seat time was nice but everything was nothing but dried up dust. I sharpened my blades before I started and got a pretty good cut with the Woods 42, It will probably get cut one more time before Stonethrow.
You guys up north of me stay safe and on the high ground :!:
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:50 am

Wow what a great rain :D I got 3 1/4 inches in two days nice and gental rain. I do not rember haveing a two day rainfall in the last few years. Seems all the storms latly have been down pours and over in a hours or so.

Just waiting for the lawn to dry out enough to mow. Even got to spend tow day at home so far. 8)

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”