This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Logging on problem and question on settings...

How do I.... ?
Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Logging on problem and question on settings...

Postby Jackman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Would appreciate some advice, when I try to log on here at Farmallcab I always have to delete cookies, delete files, clear history and then restart computer ,if I dont do that process I can't log on. I only vist 2 websites as a member farmallcub and fordtruckinthusiest.com, I only have the problem here at farmallcub.........

Jack
Last edited by Jackman on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:22 am

I don't get it this morning logged, no problem.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:42 pm

Jackman wrote:I don't get it this morning logged, no problem.

Jackman, what browser and version are you using? Operating system?

Also, if you are using Firefox, are you using any 'add-on extensions'?

Dennis

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi Dennis, I am using high speed road runner with IE7 and Norton antivirus. I am not at all computer savy so I hope that answers the question, because I am not sure what you mean by browser and operating system. I don't have any add on extensions.

Thanks Jack

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:56 am

On my tool bar there is "reset web settings to original internet explorer defaults" also I have my history set to "keep history at zero days" Could these two setting be giving me the log problem? Sorry about sounding like a knuckle head here but computers is not at all my strong point. Thanks Jack

Dennis
Site Admin
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:56 pm

Jackman wrote:On my tool bar there is "reset web settings to original internet explorer defaults" also I have my history set to "keep history at zero days" Could these two setting be giving me the log problem? Sorry about sounding like a knuckle head here but computers is not at all my strong point. Thanks Jack

Very good Jack. My first guess is the 'cookie' files are corrupted. You would need to delete any farmallcub cookie files and then login again.

Do you have someone nearby that can help you do that? If not, I'll try giving you step by step directions...

Thanks,
Dennis

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Dennis no need for the step by step, I just need to get pointed in the direction of the trouble spot from there my tech minded teenager (Patrick) will help out. I will get Patrick to find the farmallcub cookie files and delete them, he had done that once before but the log in trouble came back a few days later.......

Thanks Jack

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:49 pm

Jack:

I gotta agree with Dennis on this one. Sounds very much like corrupted cookies. By deleting all cookies and then running your system protection suite.. be it my favourite - System Mechanic 6 Professional/or version 7.., Norton (yuk) or even Trend Micro.. you should be able to access the utility that will improve the overall performance of your system. This is a tool that should be used often.. as a Preventative or Phrophylactic Regime.. it does work..
Ask Patrick to not only do the PM's via IE Tools Options route, but to go ahead and check the cookie drawer in the C:/Programs/Common He may have to root around to find the folder, but he will. I will try to find itin the morning.. I am kinda pooped at the moment..

You have to delete the Cookies/Temp Files and History for ALL users.. otherwise an empty cookie jar can cause cross-corruption of data...

Will think on it some more in the moning.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks Rudi and Dennis :D ........ Patrick read the post and did as suggested and deleted a lot of cookies that were in folders, I had also cleared the cookies ,files and history from the internet tools and I still have the log on problem. I do appreciate the help however we on my end are not up to the task of trouble shooting this PC so I will either do and online call in repair or send it to the Geek squad.

Thanks again Jack

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:23 pm

Jack:

Do you have a firewall? As in a software firewall that is not Windows Firewall? Do you have a physical firewall?

I have had to actually go in to my firewall at times in the past and manually allow http://www.farmallcub.com as a safe site... I don't understand why, it just is.

Ask Patrick to check that. No need for the Geek Squad.. Patrick should be up to the task. It is just like trying to figure out why you got no get up and go when you got Fuel, Air and Spark :!: :wink: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:44 pm

Rudi I just sent you a pm :lol: ,,,,,,,,, I think there is a firewall in the Norton. Patrick is at band camp so he can't help right now and I need to leave here in 10 minutes and be back around 9:30ish , Ill leave the puter on so I don't get logged off.

Thanks jack

Dennis
Site Admin
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:10 am

Jackman wrote:Rudi I just sent you a pm :lol: ,,,,,,,,, I think there is a firewall in the Norton. Patrick is at band camp so he can't help right now and I need to leave here in 10 minutes and be back around 9:30ish , Ill leave the puter on so I don't get logged off.
Thanks jack

Jackman, you are checking the box to stay logged into the forum when you login, correct?

Dennis

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:24 pm

Dennis:

Good point... :!: :idea: :!:

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:06 pm

Rudi, Dennis, and Jackman, I am not even going to try and pretend that I am computer savvy, far from it. About 2 months ago, I downloaded IE7 and the computer went crazy, seemed to have a mind of it's own. Spent the better part of 2 days on the phone talking to Microsoft techs before we found that the hijacker came in with IE7. They even said IE7 was full of problems and suggested I go back to IE6, which I did, with no further problems. Don't even ask what and where we found whatever it was, they had me so deep in the XP OS that I don't have a clue where we were and what we did.

And BTW, Gilles, compared to some of those guys that I was talking to and trying to understand what they said, you would be a most eloquent speaker and typer 8) :D . Pete

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:49 pm

Pete, Thank you thank you thank you I think you hit the nail on the head 8) :D ......... I had IE6 and up graded to IE7 back around spring time and I think thats when the troubles started. I had Patrick try to go back to IE6 but it would not take but he found something called Safari and downloaded that , so far all seems better clearer print and pic along with faster download time, signing on to farmall cub was normal at 9am but I tried to make 2 replies and I got invalid session both times and could not post. Its 7:30 now and I came back to the site and found that I am still logged in :D :D, so if this post goes thru I think that IE7 was the problem........

Thanks Jack :D

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”