This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Charging Problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Charging Problem

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:10 pm

The 51 Cub I picked up at Merlin's last summer is about ready to go to work again. I switched it back to 6 volt with generator. The problem is it doesn't seem to be charging. The generator has been rebuilt and the regulator is new. It appeared to have been charging briefly but now nothing. Any ideas out there in Cubville?
Gene Chestnutt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Start by rechecking all your grounds. This includes the generator itself, the regulator and the battery.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:30 am

Also polarize it if you haven't already.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

farmer.boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby farmer.boy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:21 pm

The Jan/Feb issue of Red Power Magazine has an excellent article by Jim Becker on the cub charging system. Even I could understand it.

Return to “Farmall Cub”