This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I found this

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Big O
10+ Years
10+ Years

I found this

Postby Big O » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:14 pm

I was out cleaning my tractor and found this stamped on a macine finished space just above the oil filler cap. The stamp read :FCUBM 98357.
What does this mean? I meant to ask this earlier, hoe do you get onboard these cubs? That is a long streach for me. The floorboard comes to the middle of my thigh. I stand 5'8 I know that is short but WOW what a reach. Is there supposed to be a step ?
Thanks again guys. I get this straight one of these days :oops:
I purchased a '49 Cub , I need lots of info. and manuals. Owen orjb@texasisp.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:14 pm

That is the engine serial number

If you will search the archives, you will find some steps that have been made. I think Rudi also has the frawings for some on his manual website. There are a couple of different types on Ebay on a regualr basis. I used to be 5'10, but with age am now 5'8. If I don't have the blade or mower mounted, I put my left foot in the wheel weight to get on.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:21 pm

Big O,

Congratulations! You've found the serial number of your engine. If it's the original engine, it should be a somewhat higher number than your tractor's serial number.

Climbing aboard a Cub can be a challenge... especially for us seniors. There are a number of solutions to the problem. I have a web site for a few of the possibilities... http://members.toast.net/photos/album.asp?user=gwill&album=Cub_step

The one noted as "roy step" is being reproduced in TN as a copy of one available originally.

Can you build your own? If so, look at "stepfrontside".

I'll have to design a new step for our first Low-Boy which just arrived today. I've climbed up there several times already, and even the shorter ones are a challenge.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Big O
10+ Years
10+ Years

I found this

Postby Big O » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:51 pm

George, Thanks for info. The number is higher than serial No. which is 97744. Yes , I can build a step , I was for years a welder and fabricator,and thanks for the site address.What does fcubm mean ? Does the no. also indicate '49 ?
Thanks so much !
I purchased a '49 Cub , I need lots of info. and manuals. Owen orjb@texasisp.com

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:24 pm

Copied from GW's picture.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:38 pm

"I'll have to design a new step for our first Low-Boy which just arrived today".

We sure would like to see a pic of the new addition. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: I found this

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:46 am

Big O wrote:What does fcubm mean ? Does the no. also indicate '49 ?
Thanks so much !

FCUBM was a standard prefix that IH used on the cub engine serial numbers. Here is a link to TM Tractors website with engine and casting numbers.
http://www.tmtractor.com/id/id_001.htm
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”