This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bigdog, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Bigdog, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!!

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:34 pm

While traveling to a retirement dinner Friday evening, I saw this cub along the road, and returned today to investigate it. Image
He wants $1250 for it without the blade.

While talking to him I learned that until he became disabled, he bought, repaired, and sold cubs. He has 10 of them in various condition. Some rebuilt, some as received, some disassembled. He also has piles of attachments, including sickle mowers, molboard plows (scattered all over), disk plows, disks. He is interested in selling about 7 or 8 in a batch, with most of the attachments. He is going to give me a price in a few days. This is definitely out of my league, but I will keep everyone posted when he gives me a price so you can get in touch with him your self. The cubs are in the back of a 50 foot building, with no windows or lights, so the pictures are a little dark. They are also so packed against each other, and behind other stuff that I couldn't get very close to take pictures. If anyone is interested when he finally gives me a price, I will try to get more info if you wish. The location is north of Centerville, Moi, which is 100 miles south of St. Louis on Highway 21.

Here is a link to the pictures I took. http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.H ... d=17052924
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:12 pm

John! Ol' Buddy!!!!!!!! :)
Trailer's empty right now. But I gotta go pick up my crispy critter either tomorrow or Wed. They finally got it dug out of the back of the barn.
Missouri in the summer. What a road trip! Wonder how high I can stack 'em on my trailer????
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:35 pm

Hey Bigdog,

Us Mississppi boys are just about done with a bunch of cubs here and will be needin' some more to keep us busy until Cub-Arama time in September. I'm looking for #3 and Dad is looking for #2. Ole' Russ over there in Lafayette County is buying up all the ones down here....he's up to 9 now :shock: :!: I've got access to a gooseneck and a dually so, ifn you is goin to buy 'em........BETTER HURRY :!: :lol:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:44 pm

Go for it! I got enough to keep me busy for a long time.
Bigdog

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:20 am

John is going to dig a little futher and see if he will sell two out of the bunch or if he will only sell as a lot. :wink:

"Go for it! I got enough to keep me busy for a long time".

How are you coming on the Farmall H :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:35 am

I can just about see it .......BIGDOG out there weldin' a receiver to the rear of his trailer so he can hook up another trailer!!! hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :P :P

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:45 am

Bigdogy, between your trailer and mine we could pack a bunch out of there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:09 pm

Ya got that right Bill! Maybe we need to do a camo paint job on them trailers..... :wink:
Bigdog

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:57 pm

Hey Bill,

You can't get them Cubs while you're with Mickey :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm heading to Mississippi in the morning.

You missed out...I was going to treat you and your family to a nice dinner.

Gator nuggets :!: :!: :!:

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:54 pm

:D I can see it now, a convoy of trucks with trailer loads of Cubs!! GET PICTURES!! :D
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:04 pm

We could probably get Grandpa George to join in with his trailer too. The great Cub Convoy! A whole new summer activity.

Cub Raid!!!!!!!!
Bigdog

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:25 pm

Better be careful, some of us Missouri hilbillies tend to get a might touchy if when too many of you ferinners start prowling around.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:52 pm

Finally heard back from the owner, and he has 6 cubs he wants $1500 apiece for, claims most of them have been recently overhauled. Has 2 that are disassembled into a pile of parts that he claims are complete except for 1 missing hood, that he wants $1500 for the pair. The way the cubs are in the shed behind everything, and all piled together it is very difficult to get a good look at them. He doesn't want to move stuff around unless he has some "front" money first. If anyone is interested, write me off list and I will try to get more info, but personally I would avoid him. I think he is a wheeler dealer that thinks he has a goldmine.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:46 pm

Sounds fishy, This guy wants top dollar for tractors he isn't wiliing to even get out in the daylight for someone to see. Must not want to sell very bad. Not even going to give a volume discount either. HMMM

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:35 am

WK, your thoughts echo mine exactly.

Return to “Farmall Cub”