This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3260 Mower deck bearings???

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

3260 Mower deck bearings???

Postby BigBill » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 pm

While i'm repairing my 3260 mower deck from the accident(hit a stump) while I'm cleaning it up and painting it I noticed a growl out of my center spindle when i spun it. I also noticed the shaft is a little loose too. I believe it needs new bearings. So were can i get the cross ref numbers of the cup and cone bearings for my 3260 mower deck?
The IH numbers are;
Brg # 741-3029
Cone # 941-3028

Thanks in advance...
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Hey Bill,

I just Googled IH bearing 741-3029 and came up with a number of hits.

This one, Stens, has the bearing for less than 7 bucks:

http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=a-8671&category=Stens_Parts&maxhits=20&bool=AND&keywords=CUBCADET&go=Find+It

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:42 am

Thank's I ordered it from them right away and saved many $$$. I think the IH bearing was around $28. It sure pays to ask the right guys here. I'm trying to save my mad money now for tractors now that the house is sold.
Last edited by BigBill on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:43 am

The REAL IH part numbers for these bearings are:
651814R1 (cup) and 651815R91 (cone)

The TIMKEM bearing numbers for these are:

651814R1......LM11910
and
651815R91......LM11949
Last edited by Bermuda Ken on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:56 am

Thanks Ken i'll have to make a note of that. Repairing these can be very costly. And not repairing them can be a PIA to replace them too. I like to keep all my attachments up to par and in great shape so they will last forever. It maybe cheaper to buy another tractor with a deck to get an extra deck just to have one rather than looking for a replacement deck. My deck looks awesome now after the crash and it was bent reall bad but i did a number on it so its like new again.(big Hammer) A few shots in the right place sure made it straight again. You can't tell it was ever crashed.

I been testing paints on my 3260 deck too. I used the TSC valspar rusty metal primer on the inside were the blades are with a coat of rustoleum epoxy white paint inside and out. The rustoleum inside where the blades are lasted for a year until i cut a fertilized lawn then the fertilizer kind of took the paint off but the rusty metal primer stayed protecting the metal from rust. On the outside the white epoxy paint stayed ok along with my hood on my int154 cub. Since the rusty metal valspar paint held up so well I just may leave it primed on the inside. But I would like to try a better paint for inside the deck?

When i prepped it for paint I used a 4" knotted wire cup wheel on my 4" grinder. It took it down to bare metal right away. On my cub cadet hoods i used the knotted wire wheel to strip it quickly then I used the 4" brass wire cup wheel to smooth out the marks left by the knotted wire cup wheel. The metal has a polished finish to it before priming it. It looks great on the finish coat too. I used the TSC valspar cub cadet beige and then added a clear coat over it to give it a nice sheen on my cub cadet hood.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 am

I talked to a power coat outfit about coating my C3 and the guy suggested a teflon coating for the bottom of the deck as it makes it a snap to clean. Trouble is, it is expensive and I can just imagine my wife rapping me on the head with a wooden spoon when I hit a rock like she does when I reach for the wrong utensil to use with the teflon frying pan :shock: I am thinking it migh be great for a while but I wonder how it would stand up to time.

About 30 years ago I painted a car with Dupont Imron paint. Well I HAD it painted but I did spray the nose hanging from a clothesline plus the engine compartment myself before installing the engine. I had a mask (useless for this stuff) but waited for a windy day and I held my breath. The folly of a mis-spent youth. I think this may have been one of the nastiest paints ever from a safety standpoint but it was the toughest paint I ever saw. I saw the car around town about 10 years ago and it looked like it was painted the day before.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:31 am

Imron is a very tough paint. My buddy painted a guys corvette with it then he wanted it another color. He told me you can't sand that stuff completely off its that tough.

For a paint to hold up on the under side of the mower deck it goes thru chemicals(fertilizers) on wet grass to rocks plus it gets put away wet. The paint is in the worst enviroment it could be in.

I flush my deck out everytime i cut the grass. It makes me wonder in how many years we will see thick bullet proof(rocks)plastic deck housings?

The Bottomline??? Are we stuck to cleaning and painting the mower deck housings every year or every other year?

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”