This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pan seat

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Pan seat

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:32 pm

Has anyone ever repaired the folded lip that goes around the edge of the pan seat? The seat on my '51 Cub has half of the folded edge missing from rustout and I was wondering how to repair the seat.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:37 pm

Joey:

I don't think I would bother trying to fix it. You are probably better off buying a used seat, unless of course you want it padded. Then you can get it from OEM, Steiner, Chown Tractor Parts or a few other places. Also, if you have access to another pan seat cheaply, you can open up the crimp and have it redone as well.

Yust me dos centavos!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:52 pm

Or do like me and go the cheap way. Get a cushion that slips over it with an drawstring. They are available at most farm supply stores.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:15 pm

Hi Joey

I believe that JPTRACTOR salvage has those slip covers that John is talkng about for $10:00 , you can even get a red and white one. GOOD LUCK Paul K. in N.H.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:42 pm

Joey,

When I built the tricycle I didn't have any seats except for two badly rusted out ones. They were full of holes and looked like doilies. I decided to try a repair with fiberglass thinking I could cover them with the tie on cushions. It worked fine and I still don't have the cushions I got from J.P.'s on yet. They look fine as is.

It won't cost you very much to try it.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pan seat

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:51 pm

I thought about covering it up with a seat cover, but I love a challenge of trying to restore something back to its original condition (or close to it). I've read some very interesting and talented repair jobs on this board, and I was hoping someone did a seat crimping job. The seat has a sharp edge where the crimping is gone and may cut the seat cushion. I may take you advice Mr. Willer, and try to give a fiberglass edge to the seat. If it comes out OK, I'll try to post a picture. Thanks for the help!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Pan seat

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:31 pm

Joey Quebedeaux wrote:I may take you advice Mr. Willer, and try to give a fiberglass edge to the seat.

If you want to give that a try, I would suggest you start with a piece of heavy gage wire to form the edge of the seat. Some sheet metal may help fill in any gap from the remaining seat to the wire. Then use fiberglass to complete the repair.

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joey » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:35 pm

Good idea, Jim. The wire will add a little beef and some roundness to the edge. I'll let y'all know how it comes out.

Wireharness
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wireharness » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:00 pm

You can purchase K&M seats from Easy Bob's Tractor parts at Tipton IN.

He is a Distributor for them.

Wireharness

Return to “Farmall Cub”