This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Honda mower

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Honda mower

Postby Dave Irish » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:55 pm

I know I know but i got it for free. It is a honda GVX 120 motor on a self propelled walk behind mower. When I start her up...first pull mind you it, gives off a terrible amount of white exhaust for about 20 seconds. Then it is fine. But through the whole ordeal it sounds nice not missing sputtering or back firing. Played with the carb for weeks and still the same.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:28 pm

If it sits for along time between using it, It could just be condensation building up in the cylinder or carb that is burning out on startup. Not familiar with your climate whether its damp or not.
Then came Bronson

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:51 pm

Damp? Well lets see, he is a mile and a half from the 17th largest lake in the world. Going the opposite direction, not much more than 20 will put you into the 13th largest. Maybe 10 miles in another direction gets you to Niagara Falls, which spews so much water into the air there is a permanent rainbow.

No, it shouldn't be too damp.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:18 pm

:P Well Jim, By your description it sounds like a pretty dam`p damp place to me. :twisted:
Then came Bronson

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:22 am

Boy Jim you must be able to travel with out a map, Your estimations are within the mile. Has been damp. But I have been getting my power equipment ready. 3 hp briggs mower and a 5hp briggs tiller and the honda is the only one doing it. Guess it best to buy American. In the summer the dampness turns in fabulous humidity.

Thanks
Dave

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:44 am

Dave Irish wrote:Boy Jim you must be able to travel with out a map, Your estimations are within the mile. Has been damp. But I have been getting my power equipment ready. 3 hp briggs mower and a 5hp briggs tiller and the honda is the only one doing it. Guess it best to buy American. In the summer the dampness turns in fabulous humidity.

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

I was confused about a Canadian SOUTH of Lake Ontario, so I looked it up. Now I understand. You're not far west of Lockport, NY where the engine I have rebuilt for Scruffy came from. I also got a complete hood/emblems for the '57 at the same place. I made the trip just for the emblems and got carried away.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:52 am

What is this place in Lockport? It is not far at all. About once a month I will scoot over to Lewiston N.Y. to get a tank of gas and a case of beer ( both are a lot cheaper on that side of the river. I can be there in about 10 minutes if the guys at the boarder are in a good mood. Lockport would be another half hour from there.

Map

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?zoomi ... =0&pan_y=0

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:59 pm

Hi Mr. Willer,

Just out of curiousity I looked up Fremont on the map. I was surprised to find it so close to the lake . For some reason I had thought it was deeper into Ohio. I was wondering if you have ever made the trip across at Detroit and along HWY. 3 along the north shore. This takes you through what was once Tabacco Country The Cub was the tractor of choice for cultivating this crop. More than likey lots of treasure along that road.Unless Big dog has been through.

I receiced an e-mail from tabacco farmer( A board mate here) He is now in Texas, but is from Tillsonburg the heart of this region. He would know more than me.

Dave

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:38 pm

Dave Irish wrote: Your estimations are within the mile. . .

Yeah, but you gave us the first one and that made the others pretty easy.

George Willer wrote:I was confused about a Canadian SOUTH of Lake Ontario. . .

Here is a good trivia question to mess people up with:

You are in downtown Detroit and are crossing the Detroit River over the Ambassador bridge to Windsor, Ontario. Which of the 4 major points of the compass most closely represents the direction you are traveling?

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:55 pm

Dave Irish wrote:What is this place in Lockport? It is not far at all. About once a month I will scoot over to Lewiston N.Y. to get a tank of gas and a case of beer ( both are a lot cheaper on that side of the river. I can be there in about 10 minutes if the guys at the boarder are in a good mood. Lockport would be another half hour from there.

Dave,

He's actually closer to you than Lockport, which is his address. I have it marked on the map at Comstock Corners. The guy's name is Tom Ahol (or Ohol). He had a lot of Cub implements, but no complete Cub tractors when I was there. He made one post to this board offering the stuff for sale, and I responded to it, but---- I haven't heard from him since.

I made a different tractor trip up that way a couple years ago, but I drove east on 401 almost all day to Kingston. I was driving in snow.

Jim,

When crossing the bridge to Canada, we're heading nearly toward home... South. It's a fooler like Panama.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:56 am

Yes I did know the trivia answer. But every time I have Been to Detroit I didnt care what direction I was going as long as I could get out. he he.

That 401 can get a little nasty in the winter especially between Detroit and London. Then Toronto to Kingston. Always snowing and windy. Great in the summer though Flat, straight and 4 lanes each way.

Dave

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:42 pm

By the way George I rebuilt my shifter a couple weeks ago as per your article on Rudi's web site. Makes shifting alot more pleasent.

Dave

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”