This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'nother newbie

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jerry Caton
10+ Years
10+ Years

'nother newbie

Postby Jerry Caton » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:46 pm

I guess I can make myself known now, since i just got my second cub---
the first was a gift(?) from my wife, a '62 in pretty good shape (mostly).

The problem was it had no attachments other than the front blade, and no rear rockshaft. So, had to find one with all that "stuff". My son-in-law is in the Antique Iron association here, and kept a look out for something. We found a cub , sitting for "3 or 4 years", and stopped to ask about it. The Lady of the house said her hubby wasn't home, but he might sell. We went back the next day and talked to him, and it's a 1960, came originally off the Naval Station here in the county. (Now what the heck would a Naval Air Station need a cub for ???) any way, it had what appears to be IH C3 belly mower, cub moldboard plow, looks like a full set of cultivators, a disk that i haven't identified yet, and a Mccormick -Deering grade blade on the front. Man gave a price, and i told him I'd think about it and get back to him. Called later that night and offered $700. He said yes, and the following weekend it was picked up . Now, My biggest problem is convincing my 16 year old daughter that i will probably sell it. She thinks its "her" cub !!.

I really don't need two cubs, only have two acres, and the garden is only about 3/4 acre. So i will probably sell "her" cub.
Maybe. If i can get away with it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:04 pm

Suggestion: mount the C-3 mower. Take it off and mount the cultivators. Now take the cultivators off and mount the mower. THEN ask yourself if you still wantto sell one of them.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:13 pm

Jim,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:21 pm

BIGDOG'S RULE #1

ONE CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY CUBS :!:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Alabamacub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Alabamacub » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:21 pm

I agree with Jim. You need a cub for every piece of equipment. I have cultivators on one and have to rotate between the disk plow and the mower on the other. The first few times you change them out it is a real job. Hopefully one day if I leave the door open another cub will follow me home.

Robert
Alabamacub

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:24 pm

Jerry,

Welcome aboard!

Don't sell!!!

According to George's rule, you still need at least 3 more Cubs. A respectable Cub owner needs at least one tractor for each implement... not allowing for spares. :lol: (Those blades confuse the count.)

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm

OK, just where is this "extra" cub that needs picked up?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:24 pm

We used to raise a fairly big garden, and when I got my first cub I thought it would be a great idea to lay it out so I could use the cultivator. I did as Jim just suggested you do. It was quicker to use my rear tine tiller.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:06 pm

Jerry. Welcome to the board. As you can see, these guys are the experts. PAY ATTENTION to what they say !! :wink:
Ron

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:00 pm

Jerry:

Welcome to the Cub Family! And as a gift to boot :D

I am in the process of restoring Jethro my 51 Cub who is a cousin to Ellie-Mae my 48. As I ponder :idea: mounting my cultivator, hiller, sickle mower and the new gang reel mower I am thinking of building for use this summer :wink: , I have realized that I cannot just stick with one or two Cubs. :roll: I GOTTA FIND JED AND GRANNY :!: :lol:

Puttin em on and takin them off can get kind of repetetive. And I still have to haul my logging wagon, my sprayer and the water tanker :roll: :wink: :lol:

Listen to George and John and the other Cub Pro's, they knows what they is talkin about!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:10 pm

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the one and only CUB Board you will ever need.

Now let us recap:
(1) CUB Fully Restored for show
(1) CUB e/w cultivators
(1) CUB e/w fertilize and planter attachments
(1) CUB e/w Buzz Saw
(1) CUB e/w Sicklebar mower for mowing the rough areas and ditches
(1) CUB e/w Rotary mower used on the "Yard"
(1) CUB e/w Disk Harrow
(1) CUB e/w Moldboard plough
(1) CUB e/w Middlebusters
(1) CUB e/w Blade for spreading gravel, moving snow, etc.
(1) CUB e/w Dirt Scoop for filling in those pesky stump holes
(1) CUB e/w Belt Pulley to run the hammer mill/feed grinder
(1) CUB e/w Hippers

Oh No!!!!!! That it (13) "Thirteen" we can't stop there. You need (1) CUB
to get off that number.

Well that makes me just a few short.

Jerry, on the disk, if it is a pick-up type, please look on the tongue and see
if there is a small metal tag attached to the framework that says, "Poplarville Implement Company" Poplarville, Mississippi. I am very
interested to know. I have been working with a fellow trying to get some information on this disk. It was made especially for the CUB. We don't
know if they were ever sole by IH dealers or not but there still a few around. I have one, BIGDOG has one and there is one in Missouri we
know about.

Jerry Caton
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jerry Caton » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:03 pm

Thank you all for the welcome! Makes me feel right at home here. As to selling one of the cubs, I havent decided yet. I dont need the mower, already have a power king and a cub cadet(MTD unfortunately)with 48 inch decks. But I will be doing the grading,and plowing,disking and cultivating, as well as occasionally plowing snow with the cub, so i guess instead of selling one, i might need a few more !! as far as the disk, yes it is a pickup type, but it's at a friends having a cracked disk welded up. as soon as its back I'll check for that tag, and let you know.
I've checked Rudi's files, and it doesn't seem to be an exact match to anything listed there.

Jerry

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:00 am

Jerry:

I do not have the complete list of implements for the Cub -- YET -- :!: :wink: If you don't see it, I need it :!:

If you can post a pic I am sure that one of the PRO's on board will identify it for you.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:04 am

let me add my welcome, Jerry.

check on Rudi's site for the free gas cap replacement offer form. simply send it in with your serial numbers and you will get new safety caps for your tractors.

enjoy your cub's and anything else (RED) that follows you home :!: :)
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:29 am

rleggitt wrote:Oh No!!!!!! That it (13) "Thirteen" we can't stop there. You need (1) CUB
to get off that number.

You forgot disk plow, rear mount and belly mount. Gee! that brings it up to 15.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”